shooting a Nikon D100, auto open in Photoshop?

J
Posted By
janburg
Nov 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible to shoot my Nikon D100 tethered to the computer and have the images saved to the hard drive and /or open up automatically in Photoshop? I just bought the Powerbook Pro, intel based system, and have a 50% decrease in time downloading images using Nikon’s programs. But I’d rather just have the image open up in Photoshop if possible.

But when I have the camera on and tethered to the computer, it will not shoot, and the iPhoto program will only download images already saved on the camera’s flash card.

I appreciate any info you can give me!
Thanks,
jan

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Nov 27, 2006
Hilight a RAW file.

get info.

change open with application to Photoshop

check the change all button.

now all your RAW files will open in Photoshop.

this is a basic OSX function, if you are unfamiliar with how OSX operates you might want to read david you might want to read david Pogue’s the missing manual for OSX.
J
janburg
Nov 27, 2006
I know I can open a Raw file this way. But my problem starts with having the camera shoot and download to the computer and then automatically open up in Photoshop, the way it does with the Nikon program. Without the Nikon program, the camera won’t even take an image while tethered.

Perhaps this is more of a Nikon issue, but I don’t know of any Nikon forums.
B
Buko
Nov 27, 2006
If you want to shoot tethered you must do it Nikons way.

Do your shoot and open the images in Photoshop when you are done.
JS
Jeff_Schewe
Nov 27, 2006
Use the camera software to point tethered. Select a location to write the files to and then point Bridge to that location. Select sort by date & time, reversed (so newset images show up on top) and when the file is written, select the image and open in Camera Raw. An no, there is no way to "automatically" open new files.
J
janburg
Nov 28, 2006
Thanks for the verification. I was hoping someone had written a script that would bypass Nikon, since I don’t do anything with the image in their program, just open it to see it on screen to check lighting. Seems like an extra step that could be avoided with the right programming – but I’m no programmer!
B
Buko
Nov 28, 2006
Jeffs solution is an excellent one
P
PECourtejoie
Nov 28, 2006
But you see it on screen with Bridge…
B
Buko
Nov 28, 2006
That is why Jeff’s solution is an excellent one.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections