LO
Posted By
Les_O_Neill
Nov 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone have any realworld experience with these? I must say I prefer the look of PhotoFrame Pro from On One software but am open to suggestions with particular emphasis on usability/compatability with the Mac OS and CS2 on a dual G5

Thanks
Les

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WG
Welles_Goodrich
Nov 24, 2006
PhotoFrame Pro is formerly from Extensis. The new version from onOne is really worthwhile if you actually use it because it includes a browser which makes finding the edge effects very easy. I don’t own Photo/Graphic Edges but have a couple of sets of Auto FX bundles and enjoy them. The interface is quite non-standard and has a bit of a learning curve but not too great. Were I to guess, PhotoFrame is a bit less of a creative tool as opposed to a repository for premade effects. The only way for you to assess these two tools is to try the demo’s available for both and decide which suits your tastes.

In my case, I own and upgraded Extensis PhotoFrame twice to v.2.5, having bought it as a bundle when I was an fairly new Photoshop user, but didn’t bother with the upgrade to the latest because I don’t use it anymore. Most of PhotoFrame’s tools can be done with layer masks and a series of brushes of your own creation. As your facility with Photoshop increases owning a specialty plugin becomes an expensive redundancy as opposed to creating exactly the effect you desire by hand.
LO
Les_O_Neill
Nov 24, 2006
Thanks Welles for the detailed reply. I will download the demo’s as you suggest and see for myself. I know I can create this stuff myself with layer masks etc. but anything that can save me some time is worthwhile to me as I work as an illustrator, photographer, graphic designer and page layout/typographer, a sort of all in one publishing environment, and sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in a day!

Cheers
Les

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections