Batch processing RAW to JPG possible in CS?

A
Posted By
anon
Feb 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a large number of RAW images from my holiday, I want to batch convert them to jpg roughly so I can make a web gallery for my family. Is this possible in CS? I know that Rebel C1 aloows you to batch process, is this possible in photoshop?

K

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

H
Henrik
Feb 14, 2004
have you looked up under help – there is a raw converter build into CS

best regards

Henrik

"anon" wrote in message
I have a large number of RAW images from my holiday, I want to batch convert them to jpg roughly so I can make a web gallery for my family. Is this possible in CS? I know that Rebel C1 aloows you to batch process, is this possible in photoshop?

K
L
Limey
Feb 14, 2004
I suggest you try Irfanview – a free utility that does exactly what you are asking for!
http://www.irfanview.com/ is their homepage but I cannot access it myself at the moment for some reason!!

Harry

"anon" wrote in message

K
C
Clyde
Feb 14, 2004
anon wrote:

K

An absolutely great work flow tool that does just this and more is Dr. Brown’s Image Processor. Use this with the new auto and batch tools in File Browser and you will be amazed at the work flow speed.

http://www.russellbrown.com/body.html

Go to Tips & Techniques to find this. Be sure and watch the QT video on using it.

Clyde
TT
Tom Thackrey
Feb 14, 2004
On 14-Feb-2004, anon wrote:

in PS 7 I would create an action to open, convert and saveas jpeg, then use File/Automate/Batch to run it against the folder full of raw images. I presume the equivalent is available in CS

Tom Thackrey
www.creative-light.com
tom (at) creative (dash) light (dot) com
do NOT send email to (it’s reserved for spammers)
SH
Steve Hoffmann
Feb 15, 2004
Yes, if your camera’s RAW file format is supported by the ‘new’ camera raw converter in CS. You would do this with the file browser and actions. You make your own action and launch it from the file browser. The Canon Digital Rebel is supported by CS’s raw converter.

Steve Hoffmann
http://www.sphoto.com
Photo Gallery & Digital Imaging Information

"anon" wrote in message

K
CC
Chris Cox
Feb 15, 2004
Yes, it is very much possible.

Chris

In article , anon
wrote:

K
D
DL
Feb 29, 2004
Hey, thanks for the pointer to the Dr. Brown’s Image Processor. I just went through converting 315 RAW images using photoshop batch; this is what I’ll be using in the future.

-Dick L.

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:22:54 GMT, Clyde wrote:

anon wrote:

K

An absolutely great work flow tool that does just this and more is Dr. Brown’s Image Processor. Use this with the new auto and batch tools in File Browser and you will be amazed at the work flow speed.
http://www.russellbrown.com/body.html

Go to Tips & Techniques to find this. Be sure and watch the QT video on using it.

Clyde

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections