Posted By
Kash_Money
Nov 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I am working on a portfolio using photoshop, and it is all of my best photograph pictures in 12 pages. The size is 8.5 x 11. How Should I do this in Photoshop or do you recommend something else? Also, what resolution should I work in?

Thanks,

Kevin Kash

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CS
Carl_Stawicki
Nov 18, 2006
If you’re printing single images that were done in PS to begin with then just print the individual files. If you want to create more of a book/brocure with text then do it in a page layout app.
KM
Kash_Money
Nov 18, 2006
Yea more of a book! But what do you recommend for page layout app?
P
Phosphor
Nov 18, 2006
erm…InDesign’s pretty good for that stuff.
RM
Rick McCleary
Nov 18, 2006
Definitely InDesign.
B
Buko
Nov 18, 2006
InDesign
B
Bernie
Nov 18, 2006
If this is mainly a bound collection of photos with captions, there are many on line services that will do books.
See iPhoto’s book feature.
KM
Kash_Money
Nov 18, 2006
How would you go about uisng indesign, I mean i never used it before?

For iphoto i saw it and I FELT in love with it the only bad part is i have to do more than 5 picture on a page. THanks for that suggestion.

Kash
B
Buko
Nov 18, 2006
How would you go about uisng indesign

well first you need to get a copy. If I were you I’d start with the Trial version. You can get it in the download section of the website.
P
Phosphor
Nov 18, 2006
Check out <http://www.lulu.com>.

One of the regulars around these forums has recently tried it out and was very pleased with the results.

Asking how to use InDesign is kind of like asking how to pilot a jet. It’s a deep and broad application that requires a fair amount of study to get a handle on.

Ever used QuarkXPress or PageMaker?

It’s a multi-page layout applications similar in concept to those applications, i.e.: specifically made for building books, magazines, manuals, etc.
KM
Kash_Money
Nov 18, 2006
Okay thank you I will check that out. Thanks once again, is there any other tutorials on in design? I have the program, bought it with the creative suite.

Kash Money
KM
Kash_Money
Nov 18, 2006
Kind of off topic but what is a good newsgroup program that is for free. I am using Entourage but I am getting my email through that and I don’t want that. I have mail for that purpose. What other recommendations do you guys have?

Thanks,

Kash Money
S
SteveV
Nov 18, 2006
Why on earth would you want a news group when you have a browser?
KM
Kash_Money
Nov 19, 2006
so i can post instead of using the internet browser. I don’t know. T hought it would be better.

Any one know any thing about iphoto work book?

thanks,

kash money
B
Buko
Nov 19, 2006
use entourage its one of the best newsreaders.

But to post to this forum a browser is best
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Nov 22, 2006
Another way to do this would be to create pdfs and then use Acrobat Pro to add auto page flips and transitions…you can also create buttons and links to pages…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections