Posted By
Sharon Everett
Feb 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I don’t want ads or a free hosting service.

I am looking for a website hosting company who has been around a while, has reasonable prices, and good service. This is for my own online photo galleries.

I would like to add other sections to the webiste also, so purely photo websites would not be sufficient in any case.

A big consideration is that many of the photos need to be available for viewing or downloading at their original image size. Many are rather large, and many webhosts seem to charge a lot more once your monthly file transfer limits are exceeded.

I’d be grateful for any suggestions the knowledgeable people here have from their own experience.

Thank you.

Sharon Everett

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Brian
Feb 13, 2004
I am looking for a website hosting company who has been around a while, has reasonable prices, and good service. This is for my own online photo galleries.

I highly recommend Dreamhost.com
MM
Mister Max
Feb 14, 2004
Brian posted:

I highly recommend Dreamhost.com

My photo galleries are on cedant.com. I had to upgrade from Basic to Standard because of storage volume, but it’s still reasonable. I recommend them.
– Max

MisterMax
Slideshows of Angkor Wat, Bali, Crete, France, Malaysia, Maui, Morocco, Mt Holly, Sicily, St Tropez, Singapore, Thailand, Tour de France: http://buten.net/max/
(Yes,RemoveDoubles is part of my email address. The double letters in my last name are not.)
WS
Warren Sarle
Feb 14, 2004
"Sharon Everett" wrote in message

I would like to add other sections to the webiste also, so purely photo websites would not be sufficient in any case.

A big consideration is that many of the photos need to be available for viewing or downloading at their original image size. Many are rather large, and many webhosts seem to charge a lot more once your monthly file transfer limits are exceeded.

$7.95 per month gets you 40GB monthly data transfer, 800MB storage, excellent performance and support:
http://secure.lunarpages.com/tracking/cgi-bin/clickthru.cgi? id=warren3
PR
Phil Rose
Feb 14, 2004
In article , Sharon Everett
wrote:

Hello,

I don’t want ads or a free hosting service.

I highly recommend Lunarpages.com.

(just a satisfied customer for their basic $7.95/month service)

Phil
http://www.phil-rose.com

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections