PG
Posted By
Pat_Gilmour
Nov 11, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to get my head around data-driven graphics. I’m finding the PS documentation a bit hard to follow and was wondering if anyone knew of an online tutorial that takes you step-by-step through a simple setup. Thanks, Pat

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Bernie
Nov 11, 2006
Google has a bunch if you do a search on it (though I admit they seem to be mostly for Firworls and Illustrator) there’s also this book < http://photoshop911.typepad.com/links/2005/11/photoshop_cs2_ w.html>
PG
Pat_Gilmour
Nov 11, 2006
Hi Cybernetic Nomad, thanks for post. I did do a pretty long scouring around on Google but came up with no simple step-by-step method of how to get a simple workflow happening with data-driven graphics. Any other ideas?
PG
Pat_Gilmour
Nov 13, 2006
Hi All,

I’m trying to get my head around data-driven graphics. I’m finding the PS documentation a bit hard to follow and was wondering if anyone knew of an online tutorial that takes you step-by-step through a simple setup. I did root around on Google and ask in the Mac PS forum but was nothing came up.

Ideally I’d like to be able to change text on, say, 20 outputted same-background JPEGs and then take it from there as I believe it can do a lot more. Any links/docs/advice?

Thanks in advance, Pat
P
PECourtejoie
Nov 14, 2006
There was one tutorial by Julieanne Kost from her Secret Cinema DVD that was available online… was
R
Ram
Nov 14, 2006
Julieanne Kost from her Secret Cinema DVD…

Secret Cinema? I’m not familiar with that one, Pierre. I have her Software Cinema DVDs.
PG
Pat_Gilmour
Nov 14, 2006
Well I’ve got it working for text at least – changing names on a graphic that exports as .PSD files from PS and .gif or .png from ImageReady. I’ll post a little tutorial as soon as I can work out the other bits – visibilty and pixel replacement. Don’t hold your breath!

Thanks for the suggestion PE.
P
PECourtejoie
Nov 16, 2006
Yes, Software Cinema it is… Secret Cinema is a musical project. Thanks for the correction, Ramón.

The extract that was available online can be found on one of her DVDs, maybe is there a rebate since it is an old version.

IIRC, the key is to use an excel spreadsheet, with the name of the graphics. But I do not know about the path, I’ll have to dig in my tutorials collection to see if I donwnloaded that clip.
F
FUBARinSFO
Nov 23, 2006
Pat — me too. Ten days and no reply to this request for help?
B
Bernie
Nov 24, 2006
There were some answer to the same question on the Mac side:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?7@@.3bc23f57/4>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections