Posted By
James_Adado
Oct 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here is my question…
Just purchased a new Intel 24" iMac. Deactivated my CS2 from my old G4 tower and put that license on the new computer. I also run CS2 on a 17" Powerbook G4.
I ‘trade’ PS files back and forth between computers. When I opened a file on the new computer (with text layers) I got the message that some of the text layers had to be ‘upgraded’ (don’t know if that is the right word… meaning the new computer could not find the font used on certain text layers).
Where is PS finding the fonts to use? Not sure if PS has it’s own fonts that comes off the install disk (am thinking not…) OR if PS is pulling fonts from the fonts loaded on my computer.
I use the ‘Font Book’ (running OS 10.4.8 on both computers) to manage my fonts. On the laptop I have 171 fonts installed (according to the Font Book app) and on the iMac I have 189 installed.
Is there a method of ‘syncing’ fonts between the two computers? In addition to running PS I also use InDesign CS. Hope that I don’t have problems with fonts in that app as well.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Bernie
Oct 21, 2006
PS, like all other spftwares uses the fonts installed and activated on your system.

Font Book may have a way to collect and export fonts to another machine. Explore it
JA
James_Adado
Oct 22, 2006
That is what I figured too. I don’t see a way to have the Font Books from 2 machines sync (I looked in the Apple help and even posted a topic in the Apple forum.
Thought someone here could help.
Cybernetic, thanks for your reply!
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Oct 22, 2006
I think you can just find the fonts in the Fonts folder and copy them to whatever media you want and transfer to the other machine. Been awhile since I played with fonts on a Mac.

There may be licensing issues.
JA
James_Adado
Oct 22, 2006
Ed,
Well I figured I would do that as a last resort. Thought maybe there was a more ‘technical’ way to do this.
Thanks for your reply!
B
Buko
Oct 22, 2006
I figured I would do that as a last resort. Thought maybe there was a more ‘technical’ way to do this.

Its the only way. short of installing from the original disks.
JA
James_Adado
Oct 22, 2006
Buko,
Thanks….

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections