P
Posted By
paulsuggitt
Oct 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone please help. We have two new MacPro quads with 4gb ram and ACD 23′ flat panels. When the displays are set to display millions of colours images that have very feint graduations fading to white appear to have jagged and stepped edges which do not print and we know should not be there. The only work around is to set the display to thousands of colours and then the image appears accurate. I assume the monitor is struggling to display image data that would be invisible to the human eye and so we are getting these artifacts. I have spoken to apple tech support and they say it must be the software, hence this post, but I’m not so sure and being new to LCDs thought you guys might be able to help. I can’t believe that no other designers have come accross this. It seems a shame to have such a high spec system and not be able to use the maximum colours.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Bernie
Oct 20, 2006
Did you profile those monitors?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections