SA
Posted By
Scott_Ashenfelter
Oct 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m currently a CS user with an Windows XP system. I’m strongly considering purchasing an iMac, and would also like to upgrade CS. My questions are: 1) Am I eligible for the upgrade price even if I switch platforms, and 2) If I wait until CS3 comes out to upgrade, can I "jump" from CS to CS3, switch platforms, and still be eligible for the upgrade price. Thanks in advance for any help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Oct 19, 2006

1. yes

2. yes
SA
Scott_Ashenfelter
Oct 19, 2006
Buko – Thank you for the prompt reply.
TK
TODD_KUNSTMAN
Oct 19, 2006
Where would I look for information about Switching Platforms. I own Photoshop 7 for a Mac and I would like to exchange it for a Windows version.
R
Ram
Oct 19, 2006
You have to call Customer Service (NOT "tech support"!) on the phone, they’ll take care of you. You won’t find the info on the site.

There’s a "Contact" button at the top of this page.

It’s called a cross-grade, and it involves a letter of destruction of the PC version (Mac version in your case).
TK
TODD_KUNSTMAN
Oct 19, 2006
Gracias Ramon!
AW
Allen_Wicks
Oct 19, 2006
I’m currently a CS user with an Windows XP system. I’m strongly considering purchasing an iMac, and would also like to upgrade CS.

If CS is working now on your XP box you may want to wait as long as possible before upgrading to Mac. Current PS versions run in Rosetta (emulation) mode on MacIntel Macs, which causes a speed hit. PSCS3 will be native on MacIntels ~April 2007.

Personally I consider iMacs, which are by definition consumer-grade, poor choices as future desktop pro Photoshop boxes because of their 3 GB maximum RAM limitation. Even today PSCS2 shows improved performance at up to 8 GB of RAM and future apps versions and OS versions are IMO very likely to take good advantage of even more RAM. iMacs are probably fine for consumer type PS usage.

Note that if you do intend to purchase a MacIntel tower, Intel tower CPU power ranges will double in the next 60 days which also should impact pricing. My expectation is that we will see new MacIntel processors in Mac Pro towers no later than Mac Expo SF January 8-12.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections