AS
Posted By
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Deleting a file from Bridge just moves the file to the Trash — so you still have a final chance to rescue it.

At least it does, if the file shown in Bridge is actually stored on your own computer.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Oct 14, 2006
Ann,

He said he deleted a whole folder from the server.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 14, 2006
I know he did.

I was just adding an amendment to Phil’s comments concerning Bridge.
R
Ram
Oct 14, 2006
Ann,

You know, Bridge’s behaviour can be very, very misleading in that sense.

My experience has been that, once I move an image to the trash through Bridge, the trash can icon in the Dock remains empty —until I click on the trash can itself to open its window. Otherwise, you’d think the trash can was empty.

That is definitely very different than using the Finder to send a file to the Trash.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 15, 2006
My experience has been that, once I move an image to the trash through Bridge, the trash can icon in the Dock remains empty —until I click on the trash can itself to open its window. Otherwise, you’d think the trash can was empty. >

Yes, that is exactly what it does.
But at least your files are still there — provided that you know to look for them!
R
Ram
Oct 15, 2006
provided that you know to look for them!

Yes, I eventually found that out. The truth is that I have never accidentally trashed a file through Bridge, and for a long time I just thought that it was deleting the files, bypassing the trash can. I was startled to find out one day that there were discarded Photoshop files in what appeared to be a perfectly empty trash can.

Incidentally that’s the way it’s been since the Panther days.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections