RR
Posted By
Rich_Rubasch
Oct 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Macbook pro and I am running both CS and CS2 and I get the same exact error. I am also running OS 10.4.8 so I am guessing that is the culprit. I wish I knew which file is holding up Photoshop from either opening a file or creating a new one. I am crippled here.

I am a 15 year Mac veteran, so I have done all the obvious…I do believe it is something with the 10.4.8 OS updater. I’m going to research more, because none of you actually could identify the problem. I will guarantee you that more users will post this problem!

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RR
Rich_Rubasch
Oct 14, 2006
I’m back. Ok, I discovered that if I connect to my wireless network Photoshop behaves badly. Disconnecting everything is OK. Might be something in the 10.4.8 network "fixes" that PSD doesn’t like.

So, Nisse, if you are connected to a wireless network or even any network, disconnect it and see if that clears it up…or take printers off the network.

That might do it.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media
RR
Rich_Rubasch
Oct 14, 2006
One last thing. If you go to system preferences (Apple in the upper left) and choose Printers. Delete all your printers and add in only new ones that you absolutely need. That fixed it for me.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media
NP
Nisse_pottan
Oct 25, 2006
Rich Rubasch: No i am not connected to any wireless networks. Sometimes i turn on the Bluetooth but that is all.

anyway… have worked with photoshop for some weeks now and today the same problem occured again… but this time – all i had to do, was to throw away the prefs a few times.

But i agree – i guess the problem came from some update of the systems from the beginning. I never had any problem at all before i updated the system.

/NIsse
NP
Nisse_pottan
Nov 10, 2006
No i havn’t tried to open any file from a CD. I have scanned in some pictures i have to adjust and just wanted to open them. It didn’t matter what file i tried to open – no one would open.

But for some odd reason – after having worked with the files on another account and jumping back to the normal account to insert them in InDesign – i accidently opened Photoshop and since it was open – i tried to just make a new file – and it worked.. So at this time – i can work with PS in the normal account again. But i fear – PS will crash some day again. But all i have to do them is – the slow way of going over to the other account again work from there.

Wow i really am longing for a new version of the CS Suite now – that hopefully would work better with my Intel_mac. This one is so slow. It takes forever to open the programs and it takes a long time to save files and stuff like that… I expected a much faster program with this new computer with 2G mzh compared to my old G4 with only 400 mzh… but i was wrong… opening, closing, saving takes a long long time. MAybe the rendering of the pics and some functions goes faster..
KB
Kim_Bader
Nov 16, 2006
I am desperately searching for help on this topic. I am having the same issue with Photoshop. It stopped opening my files, it doesn’t seem to matter where they are whether on a CD, external hard drive or my local drive. First thing I tried was to trash the preferences. Then I ran an update to make sure I had the most up-to-date program. When that didn’t work, I ran Disk Utility to check my computer. When that didn’t seem to help I uninstalled the entire CS2 suite and reinstalled. That seemed to work for a while. Now it’s doing the same thing! I downloaded another update since I hadn’t updated it since I’d reinstalled, nothing. I restarted and it worked for about two images and now it’s stopped opening images again. It either won’t open the image at all or it will spin the beach ball. I usually open from Bridge, that’s usually when I get the beach ball. I’ve tried opening through Photoshop, then it does nothing, like I didn’t even try and open an image. I’ve tried double clicking a photo to open it, it does nothing. I’ve tries launching Photoshop by double clicking an image, it will launch the program but not open the image.

HELP! I’m lost without Photoshop! I’ve search the forum and can’t find any other issue on this problem. It seems very speratic, tomorrow it might actually open an image for me.
B
Buko
Nov 17, 2006
I’ve tried double clicking a photo to open it, it does nothing. I’ve tries launching Photoshop by double clicking an image, it will launch the program but not open the image.

There is a FAQ about this.

A FAQ is a Frequently Asked Question.
PT
Phil_Taz
Nov 17, 2006
He’s so polite, that Buko…
B
Buko
Nov 17, 2006

B)
D
DYP
Nov 19, 2006
I am assuming you don’t have a DVD in your drive when try to open these files?

If you don’t have Cocktail get it, or some other utility that will allow you to flush caches and run cron scripts. Also when you delete preferences make sure you delete the Photoshop path preferences. Now clean caches and run cron scripts. You may have to do this more than once.

Every time I have had this problem what I just said above has fixed it.

I am not sure why a search did not come up with this info but it has all been posted before.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections