Posted By
michael
Oct 11, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,
Would love to get feedback on my website. For sure I am not a web designer. Lot’s of digital artwork and 2 pages devoted to the restoration and retouching work I do here in NYC.

www.PixelKat.com

thanks!
Michael

Digital Artwork & Retouching
www.PixelKat.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
Chris
Oct 11, 2006
Why use frames. search engines hate them.
Chris.
"michael" wrote in message
Hi all,
Would love to get feedback on my website. For sure I am not a web
designer.
Lot’s of digital artwork and 2 pages devoted to the restoration and retouching work I do here in NYC.

www.PixelKat.com

thanks!
Michael

www.PixelKat.com

JD
James Douglas
Oct 12, 2006
The instructions for moving the mouse over image to see before/after could be directly under the photograph. Also make the mouseOver effect about the same size as the photo as it didn’t work for me till I moved w a y over to the left.

michael wrote:
Hi all,
Would love to get feedback on my website. For sure I am not a web designer. Lot’s of digital artwork and 2 pages devoted to the restoration and retouching work I do here in NYC.

www.PixelKat.com

thanks!
Michael

www.PixelKat.com

X
xenophon
Oct 12, 2006
Hi all,
Would love to get feedback on my website. For sure I am not a web designer.
Lot’s of digital artwork and 2 pages devoted to the restoration and retouching work I do here in NYC.

www.PixelKat.com

thanks!
Michael

Ditto the frames comment. And lose the intro screen; it’s s-o-o-o nineties and pisses people off. When they click to go to your site they don’t want to have to click again to… you know, go to your site.

Scott

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
———————————————————- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
———————————————————- http://www.usenet.com
MA
Mohamed Al-Dabbagh
Oct 18, 2006
Nice website. However:

1- I feel that the pictures are rather scattered.. I just don’t feel good for distributing the pictures the way you did.

2- The cat is lovely, but it seems not so professional. I think it would look better with the tiles with only shadow and without beveling. I would also recommend that pixelation of cat should not be done on a whole part of the picture. I mean it would look better if you divide the cat into large tiles, and used checker board style in pixilation. With your silver looking cat and black background, I would recommend mirror reflection in the ground. How about cat’s eyes? consider some reflection mapping.

3- I have no great objection on the dark background.

4- Some of the pictures do not fall under the catagory of retouching… They are "composed" rather than retouched.

5- The B&W eastern guy’s picture does not reflect hi-fi retouching. The older picture looked more handsome. Also, I can tell that you might be very proud of it as you put it in advance. I advise you to put it somewhere else, or, you try to retouch it again.

6- I liked very much the lady with Dior shades and lady sitting alone in the train, and most of your digital artwork.

Mohamed Al-Dabbagh
Senior Graphic Designer

michael wrote:
Hi all,

www.PixelKat.com

thanks!
Michael

www.PixelKat.com
K
KatWoman
Oct 27, 2006
Hi all,
Would love to get feedback on my website. For sure I am not a web designer.

www.PixelKat.com

I am curious about the girl on the bed photo

Is that PS lighting filters or a plug-in? or from another frame of the shoot?

I like the fact the girl becomes the focus of the composition

take the restore shot off the first page (they are your weakest work) The retouch work is good, not over done, in the cases of the yellow cast lighting, did the photog ask to change the cast? because I like the yellow warm light of the originals better (black skirts, bride) (get off auto corrects)
your artwork is the strongest work, liked it a lot, as I said last time I am not sure the cute little kitty image goes with that work.

I like the front picture (it’s a cat!! of course I like it) and the name is cute

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections