M
Posted By
mal138
Oct 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed the Photoshop 9.0.2 update because I was experiencing the same problem. (The problem is specific to the "Horizontal Slideshow" style in the Web Photo Gallery.) The metadata now shows up properly, but some of my images are skipped when using the arrows or during auto-play, and clicking on the thumbnails of those images produces a Javascript error. Actually, the page is full of javascript errors.

It’s really disappointing that Adobe would release an update to this template without ensuring that it actually works. Any idea if a new update will be available any time soon, or if there is any way to manually fix the problem?

By the way, this particular photo gallery style does not use Flash, just Javascript, XML, and CSS. Only the two Flash Gallery styles use Flash.

— Marc

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
mal138
Oct 23, 2006
I’m back to answer my own post. I figured out what was causing the JS errors — line breaks in my metadata was causing breaks in the code where they shouldn’t be.

Unfortunately after removing the line breaks, I went back and tried regenerating the photo gallery again, and it went right back to the old problem. (Not sure why it worked once… I guess it wasn’t the 9.0.2 update after all.) It appears Photoshop simply isn’t writing the metadata to the right place in ThumbnailFrame.htm

Here’s how to fix the problem manually:

In ThumbnailFrame.htm, you will see some Javascript following each thumbnail image. Look for a line similar to this:
myImagesIndexed[newIndex] = new Array("Image1.jpg", "Title", "Description", "Credits", "Copyright", "Image1.jpg");

In my "successful" trial, all of those elements were populated. In my unsuccessful trials, most were blank. For example:
myImagesIndexed[newIndex] = new Array("Slide01.jpg", "Description", "", "", "", "");

So to manually fix the problem, you could enter the metadata from each photo in the proper location.

Once again, I have no idea why the Web Photo Gallery process generated the page properly for me once, but never again. I even tried creating a new directory, but no luck.
MW
mae_wee
Oct 24, 2006
Thanks…I gave up! I just use one of the other presets. Thanks for trying though. 🙂
M
mal138
Oct 24, 2006
Well I finally have an answer. You need to check all of the check boxes under the "Thumbnails" settings. Apparently that is what causes the metadata to be written to ThumbnailFrame.htm and then loaded to the upper window when the image changes.

What I still can’t figure out is why Photoshop generates separate HTML pages for each slide, when the slideshow actually uses just the first page and then changes the text and image using CSS.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections