Posted By
Denisimo
Oct 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
Could you please advise me! At present I run a PC and use Photoshop CS2 for Windows. However I intend to purchased an Intel based Mac Pro Desktop computer when the Photoshop CS3 is released.
My question is do I have to buy a Full version of CS3 to run on the Mac or can I upgrade to the Mac platform using my Windows CS2 platform?

Hope you can advise me
Regards, Denis.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Oct 4, 2006
Yes…you can upgrade cross-platform. Thye following info is a little old, but it still applies, as far as I know.
< http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/a/upgradetips_2.h tm>

And, you can give a call to Adobe Customer Service:
<http://www.adobe.com/misc/comments.html>
D
Denisimo
Oct 5, 2006
Thank you very much for the information, thats great news. I will check on your link to varify that it will still apply and post the information for others.

Thanks again and best regards
Denis
LS
Lee_Stites
Oct 6, 2006
Looking forward to hearing what you find out as I am going to switch as well.
B
Buko
Oct 6, 2006
Lee its a cross grade. call customer service.

you will have to sign a letter of destruction for your PC software and you get the Mac upgrade.
LS
Lee_Stites
Oct 6, 2006
Buko,

Thanks for that. I looked all over the Adobe site and couldn’t find anything about this.

Also thought it was weird that there were no links for emailing questions to customer service.

Still, once I switch I guess I will be calling to get the Mac upgrade.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections