FB
Posted By
Fred_Beans
Oct 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to use Photoshop CS2 to take screenshots of an old game. Pretty simple, hit print screen, then paste into Photoshop. The problem: when I paste the image into Photoshop it is mostly black becuase the game uses an indexed color system. In Paint Shop Pro version 3 I can load the game’s color palette and tell it to keep the color indicies the same. Instantly the colors appear as they should. I underestand what it does but I can’t get Photoshop to do the same thing. I can load the palettes fine (I have a copy of the palettes in PSP format and Microsoft) and see the correct colors in the palette, but the colors in the image stay the same because Photoshop tries to match the colors it recognizes in the image to the new ones I loaded by assigning new color indicies. How, or even can I get the correct palette assigned to the image without Photoshop modifying the current indicies? I’ve even tried switching to indexed color and loading the palette before I paste in the image. I will be thankful for any suggestions.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections