DL
Posted By
Dick_Lund
Sep 30, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have upgrade to cs2 and want to remove PScs. I can’t find anything in the book about uninstall. Can I trash the Adobe CS in the applications folder?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 30, 2006
Can I trash the Adobe CS in the applications folder?

Yes. That is exactly what you need to do.

BUT …

Do make sure that you have kept copies elsewhere of all 3rd party plug-ins, and any custom Actions, Brushes and Styles etc. which you have added.
B
Buko
Sep 30, 2006
If you have so little room on your hard drive that you need to remove the older version of photoshop you need a new bigger hard drive.
DL
Dick_Lund
Oct 1, 2006
I have plenty of room 6 250 gig hard drives. i never run any Hard drive over 50% of capcity.

I don’t like to have a lot of unused files. Its the file browser that is left after the upgrade and i am using bridge, I don’t need the file broser any more and it has 2.2 gigs of thumnails and metadata of which i don’t need.

Dick
B
Buko
Oct 1, 2006
I don’t need the file browser any more and it has 2.2 gigs of thumnails and metadata and etc of which i don’t need.

Then delete those files but I always find it beneficial to keep older software on my machine.
L
Lundberg02
Oct 1, 2006
Hey, are you by any chance Dick Lund from Ludington, Michigan?
DL
Dick_Lund
Oct 3, 2006
Hi Lundberg2

No I am Dick Lund from CA,OR, and AZ. I an in AZ for the winter.

I have three residences

Dick
DL
Dick_Lund
Oct 3, 2006
Hi

As said earlier these files were left over from CS. I have updated to cs2 and deleted all the files in the cs file browser and everthing is fine with cs2.

Yes I did go to the Mac website and found the anwers along with the help of this forum also. For all that had left cs on there HD after updating to cs2 you may want to look at the file size on your old cs file browser. My file browser was at 2.2 gigs of thumnails and metadata. When updating to cs2 and using bridge your creating again all the meta and thumnails in bridge.

Thank you for the responses

Dick
L
Lundberg02
Oct 3, 2006
So, I guess you didn’t marry Janet Goslin either?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections