DH
Posted By
Doreen_Heath
Sep 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an I Mac running Photoshop 7.5 or 7.6 I really want to be able to print out photos in a larger size. Like wall size. I am used to the old tiling option in Page maker. Photoshop does not seem to offer this. Anyone have any ideas?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Sep 29, 2006
Doreen,

I have an I Mac running Photoshop 7.5 or 7.6

Run that by me again? There is no such animal. Do you mean Photoshop 7.0.1?

Try placing your images in InDesign, if you want the flexibility of a page layout program (which is what Pagemaker was).
DH
Doreen_Heath
Sep 29, 2006
Sorry, maybe it is 7.1. And is indesign something I need to buy or does it come with Photoshop.
R
Ram
Sep 29, 2006
InDesign is a separate application. You can buy it separately or as part of the CS2 Creative Suite (which also includes Photoshop 9.x, Adobe Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.).
R
Ram
Sep 29, 2006
Sorry, maybe it is 7.1

Nope. Maybe 7.0.1?
B
Buko
Sep 29, 2006
Are you still using OS9?
K
katyp
Sep 29, 2006
wrote:
I have an I Mac running Photoshop 7.5 or 7.6 I really want to be able to print out photos in a larger size. Like wall size. I am used to the old tiling option in Page maker. Photoshop does not seem to offer this. Anyone have any ideas?

You would need to check your options either in your printer dialogue box, to see if there is an option for that, or you could place it in another program. I have saved files before from photoshop as a tif and then placed them in Illustrator, then printed them out in large, tiled format. Do you have Illustrator?
K
katyp
Sep 29, 2006
wrote:

You would need to check your options either in your printer dialogue box, to see if there is an option for that, or you could place it in another program. I have saved files before from photoshop as a tif and then placed them in Illustrator, then printed them out in large, tiled format. Do you have Illustrator?
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Sep 29, 2006
"I am used to the old tiling option in Page maker"

You can use CS2 Illustrator or InDesign to tile.

For Illustrator: You can choose a tiling option in the Setup section of the Print dialog box. To view the page tiling boundaries on the artboard, choose View > Show Page Tiling.

For InDesign: You can have InDesign tile a document automatically, or you can specify the tiles yourself.

Just place your Photoshop image into either one of these applications and you’ve got it made.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections