AK
Posted By
Avram_Kunlej
Oct 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m sorry for delay answer!(I was offline)

The problem is that I’m using a couple of 3d applications (because of deferent ”reality” achievements of diferent passes) – for instance, I use Maya for basic materials, lighting(HDR mostly), MR render and fluids pieces, XSI for some special displacements and normal maps, Zbrush for modeling and painting, Mojo world for landscape passes and so on. The fact is I spent too much time learning the basics of these app’s, so when I get to the point of realisation (‘mastering’ and printing), I realize that I don’t have a clue how to do it.

Burton – as I said, I use HDR as a basic lighting and the rendered images are suggested to be in ‘rgb’-raw- file format provided with command line MR render (it supports information higher than 16 bits- I think), but it can’t be opened in PShop(I use CS2); so I can use TIFF or SGI with 24 bits(or more), but how to decide what is the best choice? And most of all (the main reason I posted the topic here) – what kind of setup (color scheme an so on in PS) to use for high quality prints on photopaper (not digital laser prints). It’s still confusing because I’m not familiar with the realisation technology and process – but that’s why I’m here 🙂

deebs – maybe you’re right about posting some sample images – but I’m afraid the images won’t tell much – they’re only passes, pieces of final look and I need only a theory of how to manage layers and prepare final photo for lighting the paper (suppose you have deferent scan images for merging – not 3d rendered – how would you scan (format – bits…), and manage them for high quality printing as one generated photo?) – I’m interested in global procedure – and what is the best way for PShop

thank you for consideration

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

D
deebs
Oct 19, 2006
OK – it seems your workflow is jumping about from 3d to 2d and I know naught of those circumstances but am equally intrigued by the work you are doing.

Any chance of a weblink to what you have completed already or WIP?
AK
Avram_Kunlej
Oct 20, 2006
Yes, deebs, I know it’s quite interesting in theory.
I’m an contemporary artist, and I’m trying to achieve something uncommon (in the borders of’photo’ prints exibition) – I’m tired of so much waste software and art knowledge on bizarre – non artistic things so called ”digital art”. After this topic problem solving, in the works presentation (exibition), I would show a new attitude in perception of visual contemporary art and digital streams in common (it’s a quite serious concept).
If I had any links or finished parts I would post them in the first place. But nothing perceptible could be done before solving this problem in topic – because the way of merging passes and mastering them is the key for photorealistic and special atmosphere achievements I’m up to gain.
Of course – when I obtain this and many other problems in this work, I will certainly post some samples from the exibition;but I need help from some experienced one, so I can make a progress. lol

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections