J
Posted By
jrmd
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can someone tell me why suddenly my recipes palette of Elements2 is unresponsive to my mouse? The palette itself is visible on the screen but it is grayed out and non responsive, any ideas how to change that back? Thanks, jrmd

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
andrew_spiering
Feb 22, 2004
you need to be logged in as an admin
J
jrmd
Feb 22, 2004
Thanks for responding. I am the administrator, the sole user of this PC and the palette used to be visible and functional until just now. Since I am learning how to use the program I do experiment a lot and suspect I may have changed something inadvertently cannot figure out what that might be. Any other ideas?
B
BobHill
Feb 22, 2004
Josefa,

Try deleting the Prefs file and see if that doesn’t take care of things.

Bob
SW
simon_way
Mar 5, 2004
Hi Bob
I’ve got the same problem with the recipe palette.If I click on common issues I get the message "please reinstal recipes and try again." Do you know how to reinstall recipes and also I can’t seem to find the Preference file as stated in your last post.
Hope someone can help
Simon.
BH
Beth_Haney
Mar 5, 2004
Simon – to delete Preferences: With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a QUICK grab for the (Win) Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Mac) Command, Option, and Shift. Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. A new Preference folder will rebuild as Elements continues to launch.

Try this first. If you still can’t access Recipes, get out your original install CD. You should be able to find the Recipes folder on there and drag and drop it into Elements. If you can’t find it, then maybe you should do an uninstall and reinstall.
SW
simon_way
Mar 5, 2004
Beth, thanks for your reply. The Recipe folder on the disc is empty. I tried the control, Alt ,Shift idea and got a screen for "Scatch Disc Preferences."Maybe I need to reinstall.
Simon
RC
Richard_Coencas
Mar 5, 2004
Simon,
You get the scratch disk prefs dialog if you only hold down control and alt. Make sure you have all three keys depressed.
Rich
SW
simon_way
Mar 5, 2004
Richard, thanks. I eventually got the correct dialog box and deleted the settings but to no avail.Someone mentioned dragging and dropping the recipe folder from the original disc.I tried this but I think I’ve been dropping it in the wrong place. I may sound stupid but any help would be appreciated .Maybe I need to reinstall.
Simon
PC
Pat_Coggin
Mar 5, 2004
Beth, thanks to your tip on deleting preference, I got my programs straightened out again. It had taken on a life of its own
BH
Beth_Haney
Mar 6, 2004
Pat, you’re welcome. Make sure to keep that tip handy, because that Preference file is prone to corruption. Whenever something that used to work right quits, try deleting Preferences before doing anything else drastic.

Simon – I can’t remember what, if anything, would be different on a Win machine, but the Recipes folder for Elements on my Mac goes straight to the Adobe Elements application folder on the hard drive. When I open the folder, "Recipes" has its own icon along with Presets, Plugins, etc. Now, if you do drag that folder in, I’m sure you’d have to make sure to completely close Elements and restart it again before it would show up. If you didn’t do that the first time, try it and see if it makes a difference.
SW
simon_way
Mar 6, 2004
Beth, thanks for your help but it still didn’t work but I’ve now found a way around it. I put in the PSE2 disc and started to install. When I reached the dialog box asking if I wanted to do a normal installation or customised I chose customised. You can then deselect everything except recipes. The program then only installs recipes into PSE2.
I don’t usually use recipes but the fact it had just disappeared was really annoying me. Simon.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections