BD
Posted By
B_Douglas
Sep 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know it’s been a while, Chris, but just checking to see if you ever found a way to recover your file. I just did the same thing accidentally, and am pretty sure the work is lost, but thought I’d check as a last-ditch effort.

Yes, I normally do back-up and save progressive versions with revision names. But, I just didn’t do that with this file. So, no need for anyone to state the obvious.

Thanks
Brandon

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 27, 2006
I’ll state the obvious anyway.

The one you don’t back up is the one you’ll screw up. It’s Murphy’s Law.
BD
B_Douglas
Sep 27, 2006
Too true! I’ve never closed out the program like this on a "save" and this time it happened to be one I didn’t back-up!!
R
Ram
Sep 28, 2006
Bottom line: the data is irretrievably gone.
NR
nick_rose
Oct 2, 2006
that was the beauty of Live Picture, you had to export the file in order to flatten and EVERYTHING was undoable even after saving the FITS file…
B
BranderChatfield
Oct 3, 2006
What about instead of saving individual files with REVA, REVB, etc. how about having individual layers/groups of the revisions, making sure the previous revision is hidden and locked and working on the next revision on a new layer/group? Tedius? Redundant? Crazy?
AR
alan_ruta
Oct 3, 2006
Too late now but Apple will be coming out with something called (I think) "Timeline" that might ease some of the pain on occasion.

alan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections