JR
Posted By
John_R_Nielsen
Oct 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
You do this in the Option Bar. Click on the small inverted triangle to change the appearance of the arrowheads, and enter a value in the ‘Weight’ field to change the thickness.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
Mr._Jan_Doddy
Oct 18, 2006
John, when I change the arrow percentage or the weight, the shape layer doesn’t change. I’ve highlighted the shape layer I want to edit, however, no change is made.

What step am I missing?

Also, if I have the shape layer active, how can I do a free transform? I tried the "Ctrl+T" and that didn’t do it.

Thanks for your help

Jan
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Oct 18, 2006
Those settings affect any lines drawn subsequently, not existing lines. If the shape Vector Mask is active in the Paths palette (as well as in the Layers palette), then you can Transform it.

You can use the Direct Selection tool (the white arrow) to adjust the position of individual points of the Shape. If you click on an Anchor Point, you can drag it around, and if if you click between two Anchor Points, you can drag the segment between them.

If you have multiple points selected, by dragging a box around them and/or Shift-clicking on them with the Direct Selection tool, Free Transform will only affect the selected points.

If you want to change the arrowheads of an existing line, it’d probably be better to just draw a new line on top of it, and delete the original, than to try and finesse it with the Direct Selection tool.
M
Mr._Jan_Doddy
Oct 18, 2006
John, thanks! I did some playing around, figured out some things – moves, duplicate, free transform, change color – made notes and now I’m good to go.

Your suggestion of the "Direct Selection Tool" made the difference.

Ya know, 98% of the time, you just create beautiful images, then once in a while you have to add info to detail things, show dimentions and so-on. This maybe once a year!

Thanks again,

Jan

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections