WE
Posted By
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I now have quite a lot of layer styles … some I use a lot and others I use just once in a while. Is there any way of managing the "once in a while" ones … ideally I would like them to be in a separate folder and not to load when I start up but handy for when I do want them. Something like presets manager.

I know that I could just take them out and keep them separate but is there a better way to do it?

Wendy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 19, 2004
Wendy, with a PC, it seems that whatever subfolder of the styles folder they’re put in, the styles show up as one continuous alphabetized list spanning all subfolders. But it looks like if you put them in another folder you can use the Preset Manager to bring them in from wherever on a temporary basis or save permanently….have you tried that?
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 19, 2004
Hi Chuck,

The same thing happens on the Mac with sub folders. Not sure what you mean about the Preset Manager …. is doesn’t seem to cover styles?

Wendy
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 20, 2004
Wendy, oops – I was in PS7 when I tested that theory. I’d better check PE, but you’ve done that already so I’m not sure that’ll bear fruit….

Chuck
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 20, 2004
Wendy, my apologies; I tried to extrapolate experience with PS7 to PE2 – not always a good assumption. The PE2 treatment of styles is much less robust…
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 20, 2004
That OK Chuck … I’m still trying to find a workaround .. will let you know if I do!

Wendy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections