R
Posted By
rdoc2
Oct 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am just a normal Photoshop user and use it strictly for doing photography which consists of family photos that I improve the quality of them in Photoshop and try to do that with precision. I am in the market for a new monitor and my question is do I want a LCD or a CRT monitor. I have been led to believe that the CRT is the monitor of choice. Tonight I had a Professional Photography tell me that the LCD is the monitor of choice for photo work? I need some of your opinions here on which monitor I should buy. Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Bigguy
Oct 10, 2006
LCD – but a good one, not the cheapest of the cheap…

Guy

"Gary F. Pitel" wrote in message
I am just a normal Photoshop user and use it strictly for doing photography which consists of family photos that I improve the quality of them in Photoshop and try to do that with precision. I am in the market for a new monitor and my question is do I want a LCD or a CRT monitor. I have been led to believe that the CRT is the monitor of choice. Tonight I had a Professional Photography tell me that the LCD is the monitor of choice for photo work? I need some of your opinions here on which monitor I should buy. Thanks.
T
Talker
Oct 11, 2006
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:01:27 -0400, "Gary F. Pitel" wrote:

Well, I have found that the best is a CRT…..mainly a Trinitron CRT. The problem is you can’t find a Trinitron CRT anymore. Everyone is switching to LCDs.
What bothered me with the LCDs is that if you view it from different angles, you get different brightness and contrast of the onscreen image. They have corrected that a lot, but it still exists. You can view a CRT from any angle and it always looks the same. Also, LCDs will never have the refresh rate of a CRT, since you are turning pixels on and off. Since you aren’t going to be using the monitor for video or gaming, that probably won’t matter much, but I always like to have that option available to me.
Since the higher end LCDs do a decent job, and you can’t find a Trinitron CRT, then it looks like your best bet is an LCD.

Talker

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections