Color matching mac screens and photoshop ?

Z
Posted By
ZEROmedia
Sep 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve had this discussion in the windows forum ( LenHewitt, "Saving for web dulls colours" #21, 19 Sep 2006 9:15 am </cgi-bin/webx?13/20> ) because i was following up a post regarding to when saving for web in photoshop the colors of the images dull down.

Now basically I’ve had about a million replies to why this is happening, but im hoping someone with a mac that is using photoshop for web design can explain to me exactly what to do here.

I have my photoshop settings to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and its always been set to that. Now my Display Color Settings (under system prefernces) was set to color LCD, but I was told to set it to sRGB to match the colors which does get rid of the dull colors when saving for web, but the colors on my screen do appear different, and i don’t really feel comfortable with them. I was directed to this article ( < http://www.computer-darkroom.com/colorsync-display/colorsync _1.htm> ) to calobrate my screen, but once i do that the colors really feel strange).

Just to make it clear, i’m using a 17" powerbook and photoshop CS.

Can some please give me a guide on exactly what I should do to make this work for good, once and for all? Thank you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 20, 2006
but once i do that the colors really feel strange

The colours always feel strange when you go from an uncalibrated display to a calibrated one because you are used to the uncalibrated one (which feels normal to you) Use the calibrated display for a week or so and see how you feel then.
R
Ram
Sep 20, 2006
Get a hardware calibrator puck. Even the cheapest one will do a far better job than you can ever accomplish through eyeball calibration.

Then get used to the colors, as CN says above.

Right now, if you have not used hardware calibration, you don’t really now what you have.

Looking at the PDI Target image will help you evaluate whether you are in the ballpark or not, because that image contains plenty of familiar objects and skin color and textures so you can judge.

It can be downloaded from GB’s page: CLICK HERE <http://www.gballard.net/dl/PDI_TargetFolderONLY.sit> It’s a 4.8MB download.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections