Font Management-I have a zillion Fonts but can’t see them all in Photoshop.

LB
Posted By
Laurel_Bellon
Sep 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I read that Photoshop has "an unacknowledged font limit", so I tried turning off most of my fonts in Font Book.
What I get is all of my fonts, whether they are turned on or off, up until the letter P-no more fonts after P. An not even all of the P’s-only up to fonts that start with PI. I can see them all in other programs, like Word.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 19, 2006
That’s becasue you still have more fonts than the PS limit.
B
Buko
Sep 19, 2006
I have have 4500 fonts. the most fonts I have active at any time is between 50 & 60. All of these active fonts show up in Photoshop.
LB
Laurel_Bellon
Sep 19, 2006
Maybe I’m not understanding something about Font Book, because I thought I had turned most of my fonts off, but I’ll have to look again.
AR
alan_ruta
Sep 19, 2006
don’t know much about geography, or fontbook, but just in case I would try a restart. Perhaps the fonts are still cached.

alan
MN
Michelle_Nolen
Sep 21, 2006
You probably need to delete the adobe font lists each time you change which fonts are enabled. To do this, search for adobefnt*.lst in spotlight and delete all of them (while PS is closed). When you restart PSCS2 it will recreate the font lists. Be careful NOT to delete adobefnt.db.
K
katyp
Sep 21, 2006
I would look into getting a font management program, such as Font Agent Pro. I had lots of problems with my fonts until I got it and it has nifty plug-ins that you can download to auto-activate fonts that are in your InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop files.

http://www.insidersoftware.com/
LB
Laurel_Bellon
Sep 21, 2006
solved it.
I thought I had turned off most of my fonts and either: I did, and they got turned back on somehow, or it didn’t happen at all.
I went into font book, turned the majority of my fonts off, and was able to select the active fonts I wanted from the drop-down in PhotoShop.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections