AW
Posted By
Angie_Wood
Oct 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop 6, on a PC running Windows XP.

I was tasked with taking a group photo but couldn’t get everyone there at the same time. So I took 3 photos and need to combine them into one. I couldn’t find how to do this in the FAQs. Sorry if this is super-easy.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Angie

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 5, 2006
Sorry if this is super-easy.

Well, it’s not. It’s one of the most challenging things to do – well. How you do it depends on image compostion, intent of the image and your familiarity with the tools in photoshop.

There is no "automatic" way to do it so you have to do it manually.

Essentially, you have to first determine where you are putting them – what’s the background going to be? Will they match? Then, you have to select portions of one and cop/paste/move it to the other and blend them nicely. There are only about 50 ways to do that, and you will have to become good at selection techniques to isolate the folks you’re "blending in".

Then, the real work begins.

It could be reasonably simple though, given a familarity with photoshop, but it would depend largely on the image. Posting some examples at a web site like those below and telling us the link might get you more tips, but make no mistake, it’s not a "FAQ-able" item <smile>.

<http://www.pixentral.com/>
Pixentral

<http://www.imageshack.us/>
ImageShack® – Hosting

Peace,
Tony
RR
Richard_R._Chalmers
Oct 5, 2006
Angie,

I had the same problem with some team photos last year. So, I just took small head shots of the kids who couldn’t make the photo session and pasted them along the bottom of the team photo. The head shots were just slightly larger than the sizes of peoples in the group photo.

Everybody seemed happy with that and it’s TONS easier to do than what you are describing.

Richard
D
deebs
Oct 5, 2006
Apologies to the host if this is an inappropriate post but there is a rather neat application in development (or so it seems) from none other than Microsoft.

<http://research.microsoft.com/projects/GroupShot/>

(Moderators: if this contravenes forum policy or practice please feel free to delete the details. The last thing I’d like to or want to do is to start a brand war)
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 5, 2006
if this contravenes forum policy or practice please feel free to delete the details

I sure hope not. One of the things I like about these forums is the ability to offer solutions that come from outside the growing Adobe empire.
BL
Bob Levine
Oct 5, 2006
No worries at all. Unless it’s blatant self serving advertising, it’s okay.

Bob
D
deebs
Oct 5, 2006
I declare no commitment to MS other than customer and an award for customer excellence

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections