GT
Posted By
George_Thomas
Sep 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using PS 9.0.2, OS 10.4.3, only PS open. I recorded a couple of new actions in my Default set and assigned Function keys to each. They worked just fine until the next time I started PS but now the Function keys no longer activate the action. The actions work if I do it the less efficient way and select "Play".

Anyone have an idea as to why the keys quit working?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

OO
Omke_Oudeman
Sep 19, 2006
Did you check in the action palet if the recorded action has the function keys still assigned (look at action palet triangle – action options).

Meantime you might consider to switch to button mode in the action pallet. I personally find this a much easier way of working instead of using function keys 🙂

regards

Omke
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 19, 2006
And check if the function keys are assigned to stuff by the system (system prefs -> keyboard -> keyboard shortcut)
GT
George_Thomas
Sep 20, 2006
I did check and make sure the Function keys are still assigned. In System Keyboard setup the System isn’t using anything above F12. The ones I had assigned were F13 through F15.

I had previously tried the Button mode but didn’t particularly like it because it just takes up screen space.

As of today, they still don’t work. 🙁

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections