L
Posted By
Lukabrazzi
Oct 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I already posted this in the design forum, but traffic there is slow and I need an answer ASAP. My client has asked that I send "slicks" of the logo I just created for him to a local newspaper and magazine. I have no idea what a "slick" is (no one has ever asked me for one) and don’t want to appear ignorant to my client. Can anybody tell me exactly what they’re asking for?

Thanks in advance for any asistance!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CM
Craig_McWalter
Oct 4, 2006
A slick used to be no more than a high resolution positive print on resin coated paper typically made from a negative. Usually the logo appears in several sizes and configurations.

I’d be surprised these days if a magazine would want a slick that they would have to scan or paste up as opposed to a computer file.
L
Lukabrazzi
Oct 4, 2006
That’s kinda what I thought, but it seemed odd that a modern publication would ask for a hard copy as opposed to a digital file so I assumed I was missing something. Thanks for the response. Most appreciated.
P
Phosphor
Oct 4, 2006
Inform your client that you’d prefer to send resolution-independent vector graphics if they’re going to need the ability to place a logo at various sizes.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections