DC
Posted By
Darryl_Claps
Sep 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
any way to change the prefs on how html code is generated?

rely on the tables photoshop makes from slices of my oversized web graphics, but i spend a lot of time going into the html code and updating it for xhtml (closing img tags, quotes around the values, sometimes even lowercasing everything).

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DC
Darryl_Claps
Sep 20, 2006
no takers? guess no one slices up photoshop docs anymore. <sighs>
KJ
Kathryn_Jenkins
Sep 21, 2006
I think you can change the Imageready HTML output prefs, according to the ImageReady Help documentation:

————————

You can set the following options in the HTML set:

Output XHTML Creates web pages meeting the XHTML standard on export. Choosing Output XHTML makes other output options that might conflict with this standard unavailable. Selecting this option automatically sets the Tags Case and Attribute Case options.

Tags Case Specifies the capitalization for tags.

Attribute Case Specifies the capitalization for attributes.

Indent Specifies a method for indenting lines of code: using the authoring application’s tab settings, using a specified number of spaces, or using no indention.

Line Endings Specifies a platform for line ending compatibility. Encoding Specifies a default character encoding for the web page. Include Comments Adds explanatory comments to the HTML code. In ImageReady, this option is required when you plan to update the resulting file using the File > Update HTML command.

Always Add Alt Attribute Adds the ALT attribute to IMG elements to comply with government web accessibility standards.

Always Quote Attributes Places quotation marks around all tag attributes. Placing quotation marks around attributes is required for compatibility with certain early browsers and for strict HTML compliance.

Close All Tags Adds close tags for all HTML elements in the file for XHTML compliance.

Include Zero Margins On Body Tag Removes default internal margins in a browser window.

——————-
If you are concerned about the quality of the code and know enough about it to produce correct XHTML, it’s probably time for you to abandon slicing and modify your workflow. But I never warmed up to the slice method, so you may want to disregard what I said.
C
Cindy
Sep 21, 2006
You can create your own templates. Open up the Photoshop templates in Dreamweaver and tweek away….carefully.
DC
Darryl_Claps
Sep 21, 2006
Cindy – I’m using the Adobe Suite – and I have no idea if GoLive has an equivalent.

but thanks for the tip!
C
Cindy
Sep 22, 2006
My apologies. I thought you were talking about Web Photo Gallery
DC
Darryl_Claps
Sep 23, 2006
Thanks Kathryn –
seems strange that i have to go into another program just to output different code – and there doesn’t seem any way to save those output settings as the default.

Appreciate the help, tho’ – at least it’s easier than cleaning up code
KJ
Kathryn_Jenkins
Sep 24, 2006
Darryl, I didn’t even know that option was there until you posted your question. So I learned something, always a good thing.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections