GT
Posted By
George_Thomas
Sep 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I upgraded to 9.0.2 just this past week with the new updater that was just posted. One of the first things I noticed after opening an older file which had been created with PS 7 is that the heads and subhead text lines in the file all had really thick strokes on them, the same color as the fills. The strokes were so thick the corners were actually bevelled. They did not previously have strokes but they did have a Drop Shadow Effect applied (solid black).

I finally figured out that changing the point sizes caused the strokes to go away except in the case of one font, a TrueType version of Zapf Dingbats which is, I think, a System font. Changing the Dingbat character to another font did not eliminate the stroke nor did changing the point size. Changing to a Type 1 version of Zapf Dingbats also did not work. I finally had to go back to PS 7 to finish the job because of that stroked type.

I’ve never seen this happen before. Has anyone else seen it and know what causes it?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Sep 16, 2006
Did you turn off stroke in layer styles?
GT
George_Thomas
Sep 16, 2006
Hmm. I’ve never used that, but will check when I go back to the office. Since I’ve never used it and this is the only file I’ve encountered with the problem, very likely it isn’t turned on but I will check.
GT
George_Thomas
Sep 18, 2006
Update and solution:

Faux Bold was selected for that line. Why? I don’t have a clue because it is something I would never use — I know better. I have seen that get turned on in PS 7 before but I never knew why it happened, and still don’t.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections