Posted By
Kev
Oct 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have Adobe Photoshop 7 and purchased the book – "Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for Photographers: A Professional Image Editor’s Guide to the Creative Use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC" by Martin Evening. Although useful it hasn’t been a patch on what I’ve learnt from getting a shot of the Barrie Thomas CD ROM Tutorial – "In Depth Photoshop 6."

Learning by seeing is much easier and more rewarding than reading, is there any other video tutorial CD ROMs or preferably downloads you can recommend (at a reasonable price or preferably free)?

I would class myself as a beginner to Photoshop and am only interested in techniques for photographers.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards

Kevin

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

N
name
Oct 2, 2006
Kev replacenumbersforletters wrote:
Hi,

I have Adobe Photoshop 7 and purchased the book – "Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for Photographers: A Professional Image Editor’s Guide to the Creative Use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC" by Martin Evening. Although useful it hasn’t been a patch on what I’ve learnt from getting a shot of the Barrie Thomas CD ROM Tutorial – "In Depth Photoshop 6."

Learning by seeing is much easier and more rewarding than reading, is there any other video tutorial CD ROMs or preferably downloads you can recommend (at a reasonable price or preferably free)?

I’d suggest grabbing the Total Training Photoshop tutorial videos from eMule (or some other p2p venue). In case they are not available for photoshop 7, why not grab CS2 from there as well?

Ok, this suggestion is probably an open invitation to flame me for ‘stealing’ software, but from my point of view copyrights are incompatible with information technology.

I would class myself as a beginner to Photoshop and am only interested in techniques for photographers.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards

Kevin
S
Stewy
Oct 3, 2006
In article <45218126$0$16577$>,
"Kev" <(replacenumbersforletters)> wrote:

Hi,

Take a look at Digital Photo magazine http://www.photographymags.co.uk/ They give away .avi tutorials monthly and it is possible to get a number of back issues.
My brother in the UK has been a subscriber for the last few years and I usually make copies of these on my yearly visits to the UK. I’ve found them to be very useful in introducing aspects of Photoshop I would have ignored (curves and actions to name but two).
While they do not offer PS tutorials in a step by step manner they do show you how to solve specific problems in a clear and concise way – they also make tutorials for Corel PSP. Adobe also issues Focus Guides which are a little more advanced but very informative.
G
granny
Oct 3, 2006
Old N Slow:
Granny typed:
[snip]

Hi,

techniques for photographers.

Kevin

http://www.planetphotoshop.com/tutorials_videos.html
(47 videos.. whitening teeth, change hair color etc. )

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=photoshop+tutorials (300+ video tutorials some dumb some pro — pick N choose)

http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html
(scroll down to "Adobe Photoshop 7.0 tips")

http://tinyurl.com/qewu9
(46 videos here but sound on a few did not work for me)

Google "free photoshop video tutorials"

"Granny"
Old N Slow N Prefer Quick N Easy
DP
Dennis Pogson
Oct 3, 2006
Kev wrote:
Hi,

I have Adobe Photoshop 7 and purchased the book – "Adobe Photoshop
7.0 for Photographers: A Professional Image Editor’s Guide to the
Creative Use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC" by Martin Evening. Although useful it hasn’t been a patch on what I’ve learnt from getting a shot of the Barrie Thomas CD ROM Tutorial – "In Depth Photoshop 6."

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards

Kevin

The magazine "Digital Camera" has been running free CD-rom’s on Photoshop techniques for quite a while now. You might be able to buy these cheap from the publishers.

www.digitalcameramagazine.co.uk
J
jeremy
Oct 3, 2006
"Kev" <(replacenumbersforletters)> wrote in message
Hi,

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards

Kevin

WWW.LYNDA.COM
J
Jeff
Oct 6, 2006
Kev wrote:
Hi,

Sadly, Barrie passed away a few weeks ago…

Jeff (UK)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections