BC
Posted By
Birck_Cox
Sep 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running OS X 10.4.7 on a G5 2GHz with 1.5 GB RAM. If I have Photoshop open and running and then go to the finder (click on desktop) and try to open a file by double-clicking on it, either that action opens Preview, then opens the file in Preview (UGH!), or nothing happens. I get the little animation showing the file opening, but nothing opens. It works with Illustrator (Start Illustrator, then go back to Finder, click on an Illustrator file: the file opens in Illustrator), but not with Photoshop, which is usually the more bulletproof of the two apps. I have already moved the AUT plug-in to the right place in HD/Library/ Scripting Additions, so that aint it. It’s a minor annoyance, but I’m annoyed. How do I fix it?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
spencer4
Sep 15, 2006
wrote:
I’m running OS X 10.4.7 on a G5 2GHz with 1.5 GB RAM. If I have Photoshop open and running and then go to the finder (click on desktop) and try to open a file by double-clicking on it, either that action opens Preview, then opens the file in Preview (UGH!), or nothing happens. I get the little animation showing the file opening, but nothing opens. It works with Illustrator (Start Illustrator, then go back to Finder, click on an Illustrator file: the file opens in Illustrator), but not with Photoshop, which is usually the more bulletproof of the two apps. I have already moved the AUT plug-in to the right place in HD/Library/ Scripting Additions, so that aint it. It’s a minor annoyance, but I’m annoyed. How do I fix it?

Hi mate, while sitting, waiting for help myself, I think I can give a small help here.

Either simply drop the file icon onto PS in dock. Or you need a super little programme caller a better finder
http://publicspace.net/ABetterFinderRename/

It will automatically change your files to photoshop files and you’ll have no problems.

Hope that helps.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections