Anyone been to the Adobe Studio Exchange lately?

P
Posted By
ps1
Sep 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Yikes!

Worse by far than the previous incarnation. For instance, click on "Photoshop Exhcnage", then scroll the drop-down menu to "Actions" NO CATEGORIES of actions, (as there was before, e.g., text, image adjustments, etc.) just every action in one big giant spot — little tiny thumbnails then appear in a list of "1 of 25 of 5003" which by the way only display a whopping FOUR extensions — o.k., now click on an action, it takes you to a new page with a summary of the clicked extension, now, try to get back to the previous list page, you can’t! (or am I missing something?) Clicking the back button on the browser (Safari) takes you to the previously viewed web page, the one BEFORE you came to Adobe Exchange, not, in this case to the LIST page >:-(

After messing about with the (new and improved exchange) for about 10 minutes I found it to be all but unusable.

PLEASE PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!!!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
MacGizmo
Sep 14, 2006
Not to mention that it takes forever to load. I HATE Flash!!!! The preview images are so small that they’re now pointless. The fonts on the page are small, and you can’t increase them with the standard browser shortcuts.

The entire site sucks now and is nearly unusable. I’ll second the "Put it back the way it was" comment!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 14, 2006
Not only "PLEASE PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!!!"

… but also FIRE all those wretched Macromedia people who you have just acquired — or at least keep them away from messing with these Forums in any way.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 14, 2006
Please feel free to add your comments to this thread too:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc19ed7>
B
Bernie
Sep 14, 2006
You also might enjoy this thread. <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc19731>
RC
Ric_Cohn
Sep 14, 2006
I’ll add my vote. The page looks and works so 20th century. Slow, ugly and awkward to use. Are the people at Adobe so dazzled by Macromedia they can’t see something so obviously a step backward?

It makes me nervous when the public face of a company that’s so important to my earning my living is so seemingly incompetent!
B
Buko
Sep 15, 2006
They just bought Macromedia and the moron in charge of Adobe thinks we must use this crap or they look bad, without taking into consideration that this cold fusion crap really makes them look bad.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 15, 2006
Chris Cox has weighed into the discussion too.

Perhaps the twits in the Corner offices will listen to what he had to say:

Chris Cox, "A users viewpoint :(" #9, 14 Sep 2006 3:46 pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/8>
C
C._Hanna
Sep 15, 2006
It is amazingly bad in every possible way when compared to the previous version. Not only that, it’s so cold, unfriendly and anti-intuitive.

Based on this, I’ll demo every Adobe upgrade before I buy it from now until. No more sight unseen updates for me.
R
Ram
Sep 15, 2006
They just bought Macromedia and the moron in charge of Adobe thinks we must use this crap or they look bad, without taking into consideration that this cold fusion crap really makes them look bad.

I couldn’t have said it better myself, Buko.

Though I did start a thread titled "ADOBE, you bought a lemon!" some time ago. B)
P
progress
Sep 15, 2006
guys, the writing has been on the wall for sometime…do you think this bbs makes them look good….vbulletin et al is jumping all over this.

The wedges are appearing all over the place, there is a problem with the way that adobe looks on the world and there has been for a long time. Held together with good will, there are a lot of things that could be much better. Thats what you get with an ex MS exec at the helm.
CG
Cathy_Gamlen
Sep 15, 2006
The absolute worst! It looks like a 1998 version. I can’t preview anything. What happened here? let’s do something, please!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections