Posted By
Glenn_Davy
Sep 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Howdy Gents, Ladies,
I’ve run into a bit of an odd problem, which really hasn’t anything to do with PS CS2 except that it is interfering with my output from the program. I recently purchased an ATI X1600 video card with dual monitor support. Since installing the card, my monitor profile won’t "hold" on boot up. It gets activated as the machine is booting, but the last thing that happens is the profile gets kicked out again, presumably in favour of whatever ATI places in there. I tried restoring the profile using the Windows color applet, but I can’t get it to load even with that. I suspect the LUT is being blocked. Would anyone here have this sort of experience, and know a fix for this? If there are no fixes, can anyone please recommend a good video card for photo editing that will not interfere with profiling and profiles?

Thanks very much. Again, I realize this isn’t strictly a PS issue, but there’s a lot of knowledgeable people here in this sort of area, and ATI has been of absolutely no help whatsoever. Thanks again.

Glenn

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 29, 2006
I’ve not played with it much Glenn, mostly out of fear, but check the Advanced Display Properties for the ATI added tabs. There’s one called Color, and then Monitor profile. Make sure that a color profile isn’t loading with the device.

So, right click on the desktop, choose Properties, then Settings, and Advanced. Check the color tab.
GD
Glenn_Davy
Sep 29, 2006
Thanks for this. Yup, and I suspect that is what’s happening. The trick is what to do about it. I don’t think this is removeable, but having said that I might just try it next week and see what happens (I’m on holiday next week so if things crash, I can run to my local friendly computer guy and scream HELP at him <LOL>).

Thanks for the help here. I’ll look into that today. Appreciate it.

Glenn
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 29, 2006
I don’t think I was suggesting that you remove the ATI control panel or anything, just look and see if it’s loading a profile on the Color Tab. In that area is the ability to tweak gamma, brightness, contrast, etc. and save a profile. If you’ve done that, it may be overriding the Adobe gamma. So I was suggesting that you simply check it first.
GD
Glenn_Davy
Sep 30, 2006
No, I realized that. I looked in there and it doesn’t seem to be loading anything other than the standard colour that comes with the card setup. I’ve not built any profiles for it in that panel – only using the Eye-One system. I did remove the Adobe Gamma program as I have heard it can conflict with other profiling software on bootup, but that also made no difference.

I strongly suspect I’m going to go back to the Matrox G550 card that I replaced with this one. The problem I had there was it wouldn’t recognize a second monitor, but I suspect that was due to the people setting up that card. So far I’ve not found any solution to this situation I’m afraid.

Thanks very much for the assist on this. Looks like it is "back to the drawing board" 🙁 .

Glenn

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections