Open a JPEG with Photoshop not working anymore ???

N
Posted By
no
Feb 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,

For some reason, when I right click on an image (JPEG mostly) it no longer gives me the option to open with Photoshop (as it used to). I’ve tried to right click on the image and go to "Open With" but Photoshop isn’t listed with those program choices. I’ve even gone to "Choose Program" and it’s still not listed in those program choices. I’ve then gone to the next step of browsing to Photoshop on my hard drive (Program files-Photoshop) and clicking Photoshop from my program files, but nothing happens. After I click "Open" with "Photoshop" it just goes back to the list of programs that was originally listed in the "choose which program you want to open this file" menu.

To be able to use Photoshop I have to open Photoshop first and then choose open from Photoshop and browse to the image I want to work with. It works that way, but it’s much easier to do it the way I used to able to.

I have Photoshop 6 and XP Home as my operating system.

Thanks for any help !!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

H
Hecate
Feb 7, 2004
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 17:28:10 GMT, "Fish" wrote:

Hello all,

For some reason, when I right click on an image (JPEG mostly) it no longer gives me the option to open with Photoshop (as it used to). I’ve tried to right click on the image and go to "Open With" but Photoshop isn’t listed with those program choices. I’ve even gone to "Choose Program" and it’s still not listed in those program choices. I’ve then gone to the next step of browsing to Photoshop on my hard drive (Program files-Photoshop) and clicking Photoshop from my program files, but nothing happens. After I click "Open" with "Photoshop" it just goes back to the list of programs that was originally listed in the "choose which program you want to open this file" menu.

To be able to use Photoshop I have to open Photoshop first and then choose open from Photoshop and browse to the image I want to work with. It works that way, but it’s much easier to do it the way I used to able to.

Thanks for any help !!!
Go to Start/Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs. See if Photoshop is listed. If it is, uninstall it and reinstall it. If it isn’t, then install it over the top of the one that’s already there.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
S
Stuart
Feb 9, 2004
When you go to ‘Choose Program’ click on other then put in the path to photoshop.exe. This will add it
to the list.

Stuart

Fish wrote:

Hello all,

Thanks for any help !!!

N
no
Feb 9, 2004
Stuart,

Thanks for the help, but I mentioned in my original post I’ve done that. It doesn’t add it to the list. I’m trying to find another way. If you have any other ideas I would be very appreciative.

Thanks…

"Stuart" wrote in message
When you go to ‘Choose Program’ click on other then put in the path to photoshop.exe. This will add it
to the list.

Stuart

Fish wrote:

Hello all,

For some reason, when I right click on an image (JPEG mostly) it no
longer
gives me the option to open with Photoshop (as it used to). I’ve tried to right click on the image and go to "Open With" but Photoshop isn’t listed with those program choices. I’ve even gone to "Choose Program" and it’s still not listed in those program choices. I’ve then gone to the next
step
of browsing to Photoshop on my hard drive (Program files-Photoshop) and clicking Photoshop from my program files, but nothing happens. After I
click
"Open" with "Photoshop" it just goes back to the list of programs that
was
originally listed in the "choose which program you want to open this
file"
menu.

To be able to use Photoshop I have to open Photoshop first and then
choose
open from Photoshop and browse to the image I want to work with. It works that way, but it’s much easier to do it the way I used to able to.

Thanks for any help !!!
S
Stuart
Feb 10, 2004
Apologies, I just reread your post. On initial reading I didn’t read that bit properly. Do what Hecate said
and check the installed programs list but first try deleting your preferences file, hopefully this may remedy
the problem. Otherwise you may have to reinstall but also check you have turned your antivirus program
off.

Stuart

Fish wrote:

Stuart,

Thanks for the help, but I mentioned in my original post I’ve done that. It doesn’t add it to the list. I’m trying to find another way. If you have any other ideas I would be very appreciative.

Thanks…

"Stuart" wrote in message

to the list.

Stuart

Fish wrote:

Hello all,

For some reason, when I right click on an image (JPEG mostly) it no
longer

gives me the option to open with Photoshop (as it used to). I’ve tried to right click on the image and go to "Open With" but Photoshop isn’t listed with those program choices. I’ve even gone to "Choose Program" and it’s still not listed in those program choices. I’ve then gone to the next
step

of browsing to Photoshop on my hard drive (Program files-Photoshop) and clicking Photoshop from my program files, but nothing happens. After I
click

"Open" with "Photoshop" it just goes back to the list of programs that
was

originally listed in the "choose which program you want to open this
file"

menu.

To be able to use Photoshop I have to open Photoshop first and then
choose

open from Photoshop and browse to the image I want to work with. It works that way, but it’s much easier to do it the way I used to able to.

Thanks for any help !!!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections