Posted By
ingrambarss
Sep 11, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop CS 8.0

I am trying to write an action that resizes an image, then saves as, using the same name, in a different folder. I use this type of action to create e mail ready images, and specific sized images for printing. I have several of them that I use often.
My problem is that now, I am trying to write such an action, but each time I run it on a new photograph, that photograph is renamed with the name of the image already in the destination folder (the one I used to write the action), and it replaces that image.

If I run the action as a batch command, all the photos I want to resize and resave go through the process, but I end up with only one photo saved. I am assuming that I am doing something wrong when writing the action, but as far as I can tell, I am doing it in exactly the same way that I did when I wrote similar actions that do what I want them to do.

Thanks
Ingram

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Sep 11, 2006
Maybe you’re recording the "Open" step, or some other step that should NOT be recorded in the action?
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 11, 2006
that photograph is renamed with the name of the image already in the destination folder (the one I used to write the action)

Do not record the save as step in the action
I
ingrambarss
Sep 11, 2006
Thank you, but thats not the case..
I started writing the action with a file already open. As far as I can tell, this actioin is identical to others I have written — no other steps are included, but for some reason, it is not working…
I
ingrambarss
Sep 11, 2006
if I don’t record the Save As command, how can I duplicate the images in a new folder? In previous similar actions, the Save As command is written in to the action and it works fine
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 11, 2006
With the batch action dialog box.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections