C
Posted By
cdplayer
Sep 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Which color work space would you recommend Adobe RGB or sRGB? How would I know which one I am using by default?

Thanks!

Elton

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Sep 27, 2006
"cdplayer" wrote in message
Which color work space would you recommend Adobe RGB or sRGB? How would I know which one I am using by default?

Thanks!
Elton,

sRGB is PS’s default colour space and is used for both web display and print applications.
ARGB has a wider gamut and can oversaturate/exagerate colours intended for the web and not all browsers support this. Although it does convert to CMYK better than sRGB.(allegedly)

MH
C
cdplayer
Sep 27, 2006
Mike Hyndman wrote:

Thanks!
Elton,

sRGB is PS’s default colour space and is used for both web display and print applications.
ARGB has a wider gamut and can oversaturate/exagerate colours intended for the web and not all browsers support this. Although it does convert to CMYK better than sRGB.(allegedly)

MH
Thank you MH for replying good day!

Where would I go within Photoshop to determine if I am using PS’s default colour space?

Cheers!
MH
Mike Hyndman
Sep 27, 2006
Mike Hyndman wrote:

Thanks!
Elton,

sRGB is PS’s default colour space and is used for both web display and print
applications.
ARGB has a wider gamut and can oversaturate/exagerate colours intended for
the web and not all browsers support this. Although it does convert to CMYK
better than sRGB.(allegedly)

MH
Thank you MH for replying good day!

Where would I go within Photoshop to determine if I am using PS’s default colour space?

Cheers!
Elton,

Go to Edit>Color Settings (Shift + Ctrl+K)

Regards

Mike H

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections