JC
Posted By
Jane_Carter
Feb 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A bit OT, but I am stuck trying to figure out why the Hints palette won’t work in GoLive, when it is a great help to me in PSE.
The GoLive Hints palette is just plain empty! Everything else works perfectly. Wondering if anyone here uses GoLive 6 and has any idea what or why Hints is non-functional. (Mac G4, OS 9.2.2)
Thanks,
Jane

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 7, 2004
Have you tried the GoLive forum, Jane? I went through a lot of the posts on that site and found some good information, including links to some tutorials.
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 7, 2004
Hi Beth, Yes, I have also posted this question there, and they suggested that I install the update, which I did last night. (They do have some great tutorials too)
They are still mystified by the Hints palette though. Nobody seems to have seen this problem before. I also have been to Adobe’s site where they have all the troubleshooting information, still nothing on Palette problems.
I installed my GoLive on a different computer and the same problem is there. I wonder if something is wrong with the data on the installation CD. Could that be possible?
I guess I can get along without Hints, as everything else is OK. Jane
DS
Dick_Smith
Feb 7, 2004
Jane,

I found hints on the PC version and all works as advertised.

Dick

EDIT: When you say it doesn’t work, do you mean the hints don’t come up or it’s not there at all?
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 7, 2004
Hi Dick, Nothing is there, the Hints palette is just blank, just white. Also when I hover the cursor over the hints palette, it sometimes disappears or blinks! Acts rather strange, never saw that happen before with anything.
The rest of the GoLive is perfect.
Bewildering,,,,,
Jane
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 7, 2004
Here are 2 screenshots,
<http://www.pbase.com/image/25844524/original>
The Hints should work just like they do in PSE.
Jane
DS
Dick_Smith
Feb 7, 2004
Jane,

That’s really puzzling. I don’t know enough about MAC’s to be of any help, unfortunately. I noticed your pallettes open in the screen shots. On the PC you can drag the individual pallettes to the side of the screen and they will appear as tabs. It makes it easier to work on a page or a site without the pallettes being all over. Does that work on the MAC?
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 7, 2004
Hi Dick, Yes, almost everything is the same on Mac and PC with GoLive too. I just looked at the help section, and they work the same too, but you can jump from Hints to help page in the browser, but not on mine with the pane being empty.
I know somebody somewhere will know what is going on, just like the mysterious filter in my PSE that crashed my computer every time I used it.
It was corrupt, so I took an old one out of an old version of Photoshop(4 I think), and put it into the filters, and threw the other one away. Works like a charm.
Hoping that there is a fix to this as easy as that was.
Maybe there was a hunk of dog fur on the CD when I installed the programs. There is plenty of dog fur in the computer fans whirling around in there.
Jane
DS
Dick_Smith
Feb 8, 2004
Jane,

LOL, Dog Fur, around here it’s Cat Fur!
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 8, 2004
Actually it is both here, but our grandcat is not here all the time. Gus, the wondercat, <http://www.pbase.com/jcarter/gus_the_most_entertaining_cat> Just when the kids go away for vacation or work trips and stuff. Jane
DS
Dick_Smith
Feb 8, 2004
Jane,

Gus is, indeed, a wonder cat! Great Shots….I’ll have to put some of Chessie Marie and Murphy Ellen up on my page!

Dick
J
jcarter11
Feb 9, 2004
wrote in message news:…
Jane,

Gus is, indeed, a wonder cat! Great Shots….I’ll have to put some of Chessie Marie and Murphy Ellen up on my page!

Dick

Watching the Newsgroups post, I dont know anything about newsgroups, so Googled it. This is a test message to see what happens. I recognize our messages, so I will try to post thru this. Is this how people change the color and add stuff to their text? No, it is not e-mail.
I will go back right after and look on the HTML web, isnt that much easier?
Jane
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 9, 2004
Solved!!; I called Adobe tech support this morning, and he said that my Hints palette problem could have to do with something that was on both my computers. Some conflict that shows up nowhere else.
I do have a lot of stuff on both my Macs.
I will try Conflict Catcher on the problem, it would tell me what conflicts with what. Then I would have to decide which program to toss. No, I will just get along without Hints, what the heck.

So I installed it on my husband’s iMac, but installed it from the desktop, not the CD. Installed on the older iMac and was perfect, the Hints palette worked. Then tried installing it on one of the other Macs, using the desktop method. Hints still not working.
So we just can’t use Hints, but I can get along without it, as I have many other methods of help. This was interesting, troubleshooting is fun.
Jane

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections