Posted By
tosa
Sep 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello
I just wonderd if I am the only one who find it difficult to make colourcorections, enhancments,using levels etc. on a LCD screen.
I find it difficult to know what I see, what the real picture is: if I move my head just a litle in any direction the picture change, so what is the real picture.
Not to mention if two people shal look at the monitor simultainiously: they see two different versions.
The old volumious CRT is far,far superiour to the flimsy LCD which I believe has gained the market and popularity on the sole reason of its smallness and "design".
I sit with a new Acer Travelmate 4222WLMi.
Yours

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PF
Peter_Figen
Sep 22, 2006
There are better LCD than the one you’ve got. While even the best aren’t yet where the best CRTs were at, they’re getting better all the time, and since you won’t be finding any CRT screens to buy anymore, you might want to consider upgrading your current situation. It does help to hardware calibrate and be in an ambient light controlled environment.
L
LenHewitt
Sep 22, 2006
Tosa,

if I move my head just a litle in any direction the picture change,
so what is the real picture.<<

The viewing angle on *good* LCD screens is quite acceptable, but it can be a problem with the less expensive models.
H
Ho
Sep 23, 2006
Once in awhile a cache of good CRTs surfaces. I found some 22 inch Diamondtron Iiyamas for a friend a few months ago. They were beautiful monitors; of course they’re all gone now. You can find good buys on used CRTs if you keep your eyes on ebay and Craig’s list. Some people are ditching their barely used Trinitrons and Diamondtrons for the new technology, gaining desktop space but losing image quality in the process. Be wary of CRT monitors that were made in the latter production runs&#8212;they were cheapened considerably by the time the last ones rolled off the assembly line.

If you don’t want to take a chance on a CRT, figure on spending at least $500+ on a LCD to get one that will (barely) serve the purpose.
P
Phosphor
Sep 23, 2006
Yes…it’s worth paying attention to ebay and CraigsList.

Here’s a quick search. I wouldn’t mind having a couple of these in reserve:

<http://urlx.org/cgi.ebay.com/97ba1>
T
tosa
Sep 23, 2006
Hello again and Thanks for response.

I should add that in a very personal rating,from 1 to 10, my two old ordinary cheap 19"CRTs, which works perfectly well, though connected to a slowworking old computer,get points 9, whereas this brand new laptop Acer pricetagged 10000 Norw.kroner I give 3 points.
So, is it worth it?

Yours ts.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections