C
Posted By
Cylix
Sep 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have many gif with a product and all these background are white, I would like to make a new picture that includes many product. How to make the white background to be transparent when I cut the item and paste as a new layer?

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Sep 23, 2006
"Jay" wrote in message
I have many gif with a product and all these background are white, I would like to make a new picture that includes many product. How to make the white background to be transparent when I cut the item and paste as a new layer?

Thanks.
Jay,

There are a number of ways to do what you want.
Firstly, if your image only consists of one layer, the background, you need to make this editable as the background layer does not support transparency. To do so, hold down the alt key and double click on the background layer name in the layers palette. The layer should now be called layer0 You now need to make a selection.
If your background white is a uniform white, you could use the magic wand set to a low tolerance, click on the "white to select it and hit the delete key.
You could also use the Select>colour range command to select your white in the same and play around with the fuzziness slider to increase the number of "white" pixels that are included.
The Filter>Extract might also do it, as would the background eraser tool if used correctly.
You could just go around the subject of the image with any of the marquee tool (magnetic or polygon) if the outline favoured this, then invert the selection before deletion.
Usually this sort of exercise could use a combination of all of the above depending on the complexity of the image to be separated.

HTH
MH

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections