L
Posted By
laudire2you
Feb 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have developed a problem with this software. . I reinstalled XP Pro last week and since I reinstalled Photoshop Elements and I can’t make the undo or redo work. If I make a change to a picture I can’t back up and try something else. The only way to get rid of the change is to close it and tell it not to save the change. Then I have to start modifying to picture again from scratch. This always worked before I reinstalled windows. This is very cumbersome to say the least. I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it again and the same problem is there. I can’t find a setting that is keeping the undo and redo buttons from working and causing them to be grayed out. Actually Photoshop calls these buttons step backward and step forward, but they are the same as undo and redo in Word. Anyone familiar with this software on this forum? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
More information on my problem for anyone who might try to help me. I installed MGI PhotoSuite III to see if I could use it until I got Elements 2.0 lined out. I used to use this software and even though limited in comparison to the Adobe program I thought wanted to try it again. Now the information. It seems the undo and redo function in that software is also not working. It must be a setting that effects both. Perhaps some setting in XP. I can’t figure that but I am at wits end with this. I did check my Office XP programs and undo and redo still work there.
Réjean

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BT
Ben T
Feb 9, 2004
Not getting a response?

If you look at the "From" column you will see posters with an "?????@adobeforums.com" address. Your post only shows your address (name). The folks with the ????? @adobeforums.com address post their replies in an Adobe Forum and mostly don’t view this newsgroup and they will not read your inquiry. If you post here http://adobeforums.com/ your post will be answered by this forum group, confusing, the forum posts are displayed in this "adobe.photoshop.elements" newsgroup besides the Adobe Forum. Posts here are not displayed in the Adobe Forum.

Ben

"rejean chamberland" wrote in message
I have developed a problem with this software. . I reinstalled XP Pro last week and since I reinstalled Photoshop Elements and I can’t make the undo or redo work. If I make a change to a picture I can’t back up and try something else. The only way to get rid of the change is to close it and tell it not to save the change. Then I have to start modifying to picture again from scratch. This always worked before I reinstalled windows. This is very cumbersome to say the least. I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it again and the same problem is there. I can’t find a setting that is keeping the undo and redo buttons from working and causing them to be grayed out. Actually Photoshop calls these buttons step backward and step forward, but they are the same as undo and redo in Word. Anyone familiar with this software on this forum? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
More information on my problem for anyone who might try to help me. I installed MGI PhotoSuite III to see if I could use it until I got Elements 2.0 lined out. I used to use this software and even though limited in comparison to the Adobe program I thought wanted to try it again. Now the information. It seems the undo and redo function in that software is also not working. It must be a setting that effects both. Perhaps some setting in XP. I can’t figure that but I am at wits end with this. I did check my Office XP programs and undo and redo still work there.
R

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections