L
Posted By
littlez
Sep 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can you do a dotted line in Photoshop? I can do it in illustrator and bring it in, but if I can do it that would be easier.

thanks in advance

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 7, 2006
You can set the Brush tool to use a wide spacing (150% – 250% for example) in the Brush Tip Shape tab of your Brushes palette; and either paint free-style or along a path.
L
littlez
Sep 7, 2006
Sorry, I did not follow you. I don’t see where you can set wide spacing. I also want it to be a straight line, not a brush stroke. thanks for your help!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 7, 2006
Which version of Photoshop are you using?

In CS2 there is a Brushes Palette in which you will find the ability to set the "Spacing".
(Earlier versions did it differently but they did let you set spacing.)

To draw a straight line: click on the canvas and then shift click where you want the stroke to end.

You will find more on using Brushes in Photoshop Help/
L
littlez
Sep 7, 2006
only CS thank anyways. ill check out the help now that I know where to look.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 7, 2006
It’s the same in CS, and 7, and 6 for the most part.

But, do you want dots or dashes? Dashes can be done, but it’s a bit more complicated. You might just be better off doing it in Illustrator and ingit in Photoshop.
FH
Frank_Heller
Sep 7, 2006
Define a pattern. Make a 4 pixel square pattern of top left pixel black, top right white, bottom left white and bottom right black. Using the Pattern Overlay Style on a separate layer, a single pixel line will appear dotted in either horizontal or vertical vectors. Experiment with more patterns for more diverse dotted lines.

Couldn’t be simpler.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections