JS
Posted By
John_Schwaller
Sep 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After adjusting my images in Bridge (CS2), I many times will batch process the images for putting on my family website.

My last step, in the batch process, before sharpening is to resize to ~1200×800. I do this using ‘Image Size’ and a percentage, as the will resize and will retain a ~1200 pixel long edge regardless of the image orientation.

My problem is if I significantly crop an image, the results of the percentage resize will many times result in too few pixels to properly view.

My question….is there a way to "plug in" a size (1200 pixels) that will be used for the "long edge" so that the image will come out 1200×800 or 800×1200, depending on orientation?

Thanks for your help….JOHN

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Sep 21, 2006
Have you had a look at File -> Automate -> Fit Image
JS
John_Schwaller
Sep 21, 2006
Thanks, Nomad….that looks as if it will work…

What does it use to do the resizing. In ‘Image Resize, I would choose ‘Bicubic Sharper’ for shrinking an image. Not sure how important it is…so I guess that may be an add’l question.

John
B
Bernie
Sep 21, 2006
I believe it uses the interpolation method selected in your preferences
C
chrisjbirchall
Sep 21, 2006
In Bridge: TOOLS>PHOTOSHOP>IMAGE PROCESSOR.

This will allow you to resize a whole folder full (or a selection) of images, of mixed orientation, to a predetermined pixel size.

You can even get IP to run an action to carry our the sharpening at the same time!

Chris.
<paying homage to Sir Russell Brown> 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections