JS
Posted By
John_Stark
Feb 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When ever trying to "save for web" the program stops and says there is an assertion error, it didn’t do this before and no changes were made to preferences etc. How can this be fixed?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BG
Byron Gale
Feb 5, 2004
John,

A quick search of the forum for "assertion" turned up the following message in a thread where the original poster reported the same trouble. They had success following this advice posted by Beth:

Try this:

"Save for Web has it’s own preferences and there is a shortcut to delete them on Windows, but it doesn’t work on Mac. However on Mac you can find them in your user/username/library/preferences folder. On Win they are indeed in the registry.

The shortcut is Control-Alt while launching Save for Web."

Compliments of Rich Coencas….

HTH,

Byron
JS
John_Stark
Feb 5, 2004
Byron,
Thanks, I tried that just a few minutes ago and it didn’t work. I have tried all of the stuff on the site, even reinstalling with no luck. Adobe support is worthless, I think this is my last purchase from them since they don’t offer FREE support for their OVER priced software.

Signed: One Aggravated User (and I thought Microsoft was difficult to deal with!)
PD
Pete_D
Feb 5, 2004
John,

Adobe does have one free call for support. If you are just starting to use this software you are in for a pleasant surprise! You will find it to be an excellent photo editing software program, near equal to programs costing $500, $600, and more!

With a program this powerful there is a learning curve and it is steep. It is also demanding on your system working best with larger amounts of memory and fast processor speed. But you will survive, just bring your questions here. Support really is fast and easy right here on the forum….. (and we don’t charge 🙂

John, you don’t show your e mail address; If you are from Florida…. you know me, from the Miata Club 🙂 But maybe just someone with the same name.

Pete
EW
Ed_Wurster
Feb 5, 2004
wrote …
When ever trying to "save for web" the program stops and says there is an
assertion error, it didn’t do this before and no changes were made to preferences etc. How can this be fixed?

What version of APE are you using?

What operating system are you using?

Ed
RC
Richard_Coencas
Feb 5, 2004
John,

Answering Ed’s questions are a good place to start. The shortcut to delete Save for Web prefs does not work on Mac, but they can be deleted manually. This is the most likely cure. You did not say whether the macro to delete prefs did not work, or if the actually deleting failed to solve your problem.

Rich

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections