RC
Posted By
Rob_Cain
Sep 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m customizing an Alienware platform for my newly formed graphic design business, and they give a whole bunch of Quadro FX cards as their only options (Because I don’t consider ATI and option). I’m not particularly experienced with Quadro GPUs (the company I worked for usually had cheap Radeon 9000s in their machines).

The basic model is a QFX 350 128mb card. Will this be sufficient for (for example) 20-layer 1000×1000 graphics? Will I notice a performance increase by upgrading to one of the bigger, badder beasties?

I noticed quite a few people run Quadros on this forums. Any experiences or thoughts you have would be nice too. Thanks so much!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BL
Bob Levine
Sep 21, 2006
There are a lot things that when going high end will benefit Photoshop performance. Video cards are not among them.

I’m not saying that you should get a no-name card, but put your money where it will help…a second harddrive, lots of RAM, faster (dual) processor.

Bob
RC
Rob_Cain
Sep 21, 2006
Thanks Bob. That’s what I suspected (I use a GeForce 6800 at home at somehow it’s *slower* than my work PC… although that could be because it’s also loaded with games :P).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections