IS
Posted By
Ian_Slater
Sep 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I created a number of variations on the standard filter options, mainly in Smart Sharpen – but they have suddenly vanished!

When I booted the program up it looked and behaved as though I’de just installed it ("What’s new" splash screen, menus neatly docked against the right side of the screen), when it has in fact been running well since it came out. My own Actions, thankfully, are not lost, however. My recently used file list is also still intact

I think it MAY be a Windows issue as another program (Media Face CD label writer) has behaved similarly. MS Word however (normally a pain for going back to default settings) has retained also all its tweaks.

I run Win XP SP2. I have not updated CS2 or Windows between it running normally and this problem occuring nor did I run any diagnostic software in the interim. I did update and run McAfee Virus Scan but it identified no problems. I have SINCE run a stream of diagnostics with no evident change.

Any suggestions?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 21, 2006
Did you quit out of Windows or turn your machine off without quitting Photoshop first? That can cause this.
IS
Ian_Slater
Sep 21, 2006
Thanks Ed.
I can’t recall, although I don’t normally do that, another member of the family might. As I’ve being doing a number of CD/DVD label designs lately with those 2 programs open together, it would certainly explain it.
I don’t suppose my filter options are recoverable now?
C
chrisjbirchall
Sep 21, 2006
Reset the Preferences file as detailed in the FAQs
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 21, 2006
That won’t get them back!
C
chrisjbirchall
Sep 21, 2006
True, but it might fix the reason he lost them in the first palce!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections