DS
Posted By
Dick_Smith
Feb 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Well, this week it was freezin rain and ice overnite Monday into Tuesday.

The 4th & 5th images I took on Tuesday morning.

<http://tinyurl.com/2sw24>

Dick

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 4, 2004
Dick, some great shots there! However, I had trouble reconciling the clock time in the EXIF data (8:23 p.m.) with the lightness of the sky…. 🙂
BG
Byron Gale
Feb 4, 2004
Dick,

I enjoyed the way you used a tight depth of field on the "bradford pear" shot.

Byron
R
Ray
Feb 4, 2004
Dick, those are beautifull pictures. Although I wouldn’t want live there.. that must make a trip to
any strore.. an adventure 😉

Ray
DS
Dick_Smith
Feb 5, 2004
Time is off by 12 hours in the camera! What can I say. Back to the setup in the Fuji.

Ray, the store trip….not bad after a couple of hours of daylite.

Dick
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 5, 2004
Dick, I shouldn’t have even mentioned it; I apologize. The pictures, which I should have talked about, are wonderful!

Chuck
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 5, 2004
Dick, if only i had flowers and berries for the snow to fall on. What beautiful pictures ! Thanks again for sharing.
LM
Lou_M
Feb 5, 2004
Nice pictures, Dick. Reminds me of how I felt coming back from Florida yesterday (75 degrees) and being in Minnesota last night (10 below zero). Lucky for me, the wife did the snow shoveling ’cause I was gone when we got a foot of snow. 🙂
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 5, 2004
Nice pictures! Ice can be so beautiful, but walking on it tonight is a bit treacherous, even with lovely moonlight.
Jane
ML
Marty_Landolt
Feb 5, 2004
DICK, I love snow and ice as seen from my warm abode. The pictures are beautiful. Will you be clipping off the pine tree candles this spring?
Marty
DS
Dick_Smith
Feb 5, 2004
Chuck,

It really isn’t an issue for me at all! I am forever getting one of the settings backward. Altho…..it would be nice if it were that light at 8:24 pm! But then, there probably wouldn’t be any ice. 🙂
DS
Dick_Smith
Feb 5, 2004
Marty, "pine tree candles"?
ML
Marty_Landolt
Feb 5, 2004
DICK, Ah, that was a trick question. If you were use to clipping then you’d know and answer. If you were not then I’d get the chance to play "Miss know it all" ha ha
It is the way to keep Pines nice and bushy and full as your small one is. Wait till the new growth, (looks like candles) seems to be tall but still tight, that is, not starting to open into new needles. Then with your fingers just snip off about 1/3 to 1/2 of the candle.
That will make 3 ends instead of one and the full look will continue. I did more than 100 until they were so tall I couldn’t reach the tops. It’s kind of a yearly ritual and fun. (And time consuming!) Marty
ML
Marty_Landolt
Feb 5, 2004
DICK or CHUCK , Thanks for giving me the incentive to change my camera’s date, It’s a 7yr old FUJI,all automatic, that I seldom use. The date has been 3 years off so that ought to confuse viewers of those pictures. I snapped a couple ‘memory’ pictures of my front yard ice skating rink. Years back in South Bend, IN, my kids ice skated 2 miles to school (of course it was closed).
Marty
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 5, 2004
Marty, re the date stamp: remember that it permanently covers what’s below it and you’ll have to clone it out of a picture if you don’t want it. That’s one of the nice things about digitals; the date and exposure information is saved in a neat little file called EXIF so you can have your image without the intrusion of the bright red or orange date!
DS
Dick_Smith
Feb 5, 2004
Marty,

I had a suspicion about the "candles" but….. I may just try that this spring. I planted 20 seedlings 4 years ago. 15 have survived and that sounds like a good way to keep them from shooting sky high too quickly.

Dick

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections