CD
Posted By
Chris_D_Wright
Feb 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When going to print my page is 400% larger than A4, consequently my images are printing very small. The resolution makes no difference. The only work around is to make my canvas exactly A4 and use the scale to fit button. I’m using PSE 2 with Panther and an Epson 740.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 3, 2004
Chris, please give us some examples of the sizes and resolutions you’re working with by going to Image>Resize>Image Size and posting the information displayed there. Resolution in combination with length and width are the determining factors for final image size, so a properly sized image will fit A4 paper without the need to scale.

You aren’t confusing what you see on the monitor with the actual size of the image, are you? Some people have done that, so you wouldn’t be the first.
CD
Chris_D_Wright
Feb 3, 2004
It doesn’t matter what size the photo is or the resolution. A 6 x 4 photo will print out a quarter of the size, then using the scale to fit makes it to big. Only making the canvas size A4 works. The printer or the computer is assuming the page is four times (403%) larger than it really is. It works OK in classic mode. Maybe the driver needs updating?
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 3, 2004
Ah, you didn’t say it was working correctly in one system and not another! I’m not familiar with Epsons and Panther, but you should definitely check the Epson site and see if updated drivers are available. I’ve had problems getting my older HP to printer properly under Jaguar; I think some of us might be out of luck until we get new printers. 🙁
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Feb 3, 2004
Chris, did you check in page setup to be sure it’s not scaled higher than 100%?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Feb 3, 2004
Also, in page setup is your Epson selected, and not "any printer"?
CD
Chris_D_Wright
Feb 7, 2004
Still no joy, updated the printer driver but the preview window is still huge.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections