Posted By
liz_blundell
Feb 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
does anyone know the answer to my question,
when you convert from rgb to cmyk in photoshop on mac how to obtain the vibrancy of the colours, i find they go dull and dont have the vibrancy i require?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 3, 2004
Liz

I don’t know the answer to your question. Elements doesn’t support this conversion or any work in cmyk for that mater. Much as we like to help posters here I suspect that you may get better response if you go over to the Photoshop forums.

Grant
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 3, 2004
liz, there is a bit to know about what happens during conversion as far as the color gamut range in CMYK…here’s a link that may help you understand a little more. Also, while you are working in photoshop with an RGB image you can toggle with ctrl+Y to see what your image would look like as CMYK.

<http://www.printingforless.com/rgb-cmyk.html>
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 3, 2004
You might want to post this on the forum for full Photoshop for a quicker response. Since there’s no native support for CMYK in Elements, there aren’t a lot of people on this forum who are experienced with it.

Sorry, I guess I’m still half asleep and didn’t notice the other responses. Duh. 🙂
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Feb 3, 2004
Hi Liz…..

I’m no expert at this but I’ve been reading up on some of these issues recently in an attempt to understand calibration. I guess firstly I’d like to know why you are doing this?

From the little I’ve read it seems that the two different colour gamuts, RGB and CYMK are really for different circumstances. RGB is used when your mixing light, e.g. what a monitor does…and CYMK is used when your mixing inks, e.g. printing.

Maybe this explains why they look different. At the end of the day I think the aim is to get what you see on the screen to be what you get on the printer. So maybe it’s best to stick with RGB on screen and let the s/w figure out how to print the colours using CYMK correctly.

Maybe someone else has a better answer, so I’ll watch this thread and learn something myself.

Colin
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 3, 2004
oops, had to edit my last message so if you are on the news reader you wouldn’t see my edit. The keyboard short from RGB viewing to CMYK is Ctrl + Y
RM
Ron Minler
Feb 3, 2004
If you are printing on an ink jet printer at home, leave it in rgb.

wrote in message
does anyone know the answer to my question,
when you convert from rgb to cmyk in photoshop on mac how to obtain the
vibrancy of the colours, i find they go dull and dont have the vibrancy i require?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections