Posted By
Bob_Cole
Sep 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PS 6.01, WinXP

Before today, I could click in the little foreground/background color boxes in the Toolbox, and obtain the Color Picker box and the eyedropper.

But all of a sudden, when I click on the color boxes in the Toolbox, I get the eyedropper, NO Color Picker box, all the drop-down menu options are grayed out, and the program essentially hangs.

I’ve checked for viruses, changed color modes, re-installed PS 6.0, re-updated it to 6.01, and I’ve tried the same technique successfully on my other computer which is running PS CS2. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!

— Bob C.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Sep 19, 2006
Your Color Picker is somewhere off screen.

Recently moved from two monitors to one? Recently lowered the display resolution on your main monitor?

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.1de62d18/0>
BC
Bob_Cole
Sep 19, 2006
You were right! I had in fact just recently moved this computer from a large LCD to a smaller monitor, and when I changed the screen resolution to the max available, there was the Color Picker hiding in the corner.

Now, however, I have noticed that when I choose Image/Adjust/Hue Saturation (for example), I can’t find that box anywhere even at the maximum resolution available on this monitor.

I tried to reset all palette locations, but that doesn’t affect all the options. Is there a way to wipe out the program’s wistful memories of living on a large LCD?

Thanks very much for your kind and knowledgeable assistance.

— Bob C.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Sep 20, 2006
Reset your preferences.
BC
Bob_Cole
Sep 20, 2006
Thanks. I had heard of that "Trash the Prefs," but I’d never done it.

Appreciate your help!! I have PS back now.

— Bob C
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Sep 21, 2006
Great!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections